Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Anyone bought a newer Jialing JH600 (solo 2-wheel bike) lately and can update on the ECU used in the latest bikes?
    Any stalling issues with the newer JH600 solo bikes we should know of or has the factory listened to the complains and improved the latest batch of bikes to eliminate the stalling issues from the past?

Any feedback welcome, thanks in advance.

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I've a couple of friends who ride the JH600-A. They claim there is no stalling.

In the summer of 2012, I upgraded my own 2010 JH600 with the new ECU and wiring harness (noted in the original JH600 stalling thread here). Essentially, my JH600 is now identical to the new JH600-A with one exception - I did not upgrade the dash console (speedo, tach, etc.), as the service center said it wasn't really necessary.

In the few months of riding, subsequent to upgrading, it has only stalled a few times, in total. IMHO, that is nothing (my old ECU would stall a few times just riding it out of my parking garage). Most of my other thumper bikes stall, from time to time.

One post-upgrade quirk, however, is that sometimes when I turn the bike off (using the key), it continues to run for about 3 seconds. Weird. I wonder if it is somehow related to me not replacing my dash console? No big deal, though.

BTW, I'm going to be selling my JH600 because I have too many projects going on, and it is simply not getting the riding it deserves. I'll stick an ad on.

3. #3 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    JH 600-A
    I bought one end of last year. Only one stalling so far after driving a long time and stopping - so this could have also happened to another one-cylinder. However I have only been able to do 500km so far, so let us see further.
    I did have some trouble with starting (the indicators often blinked 5 times after turning the key indicating that something electrical is not proper) but according to my workshop this seems to be ok now.

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonk View Post
    I bought one end of last year. Only one stalling so far after driving a long time and stopping - so this could have also happened to another one-cylinder. However I have only been able to do 500km so far, so let us see further.
    I did have some trouble with starting (the indicators often blinked 5 times after turning the key indicating that something electrical is not proper) but according to my workshop this seems to be ok now.
    Hi,
    blink 5 times means ecu doesnt detect the chip in your key. It is anti thief mechanism. Sometimes i have this problem too. So i need to turn on/off quite some times. I even changed the lock when it was still under warranty. But so far i still have this problem. Which workshop you go? I think it is better ask them to change if ur bike is still in warranty. It is definitely not cool.

5. #5 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    JH 600-A
    Hi fons,
    my workshop is from Xiao Fan in Hangzhong lu 555.
    Seems they do not have this sorted out yet.

6. #6 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    C-Moto Regular
    this guy isn't capable to handle jh600. his place is a jh600 service station. but often he doesnt have enough stock of spare parts. anyway, go there ask them to replace the lock system at least once. maybe it will help a little bit.

7. #7 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    JH 600-A
    So who is better?
    Liu Zhidong seems to have moved?

8. #8 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    C-Moto Regular
    as jh600 user, you are pretty much doomed. there is no really after sales service. We go to various garage time to time. Fortunately, our new generation JH600A doesnt have many problem as the previous one. I haven't get any problem and already clocked 20K on the odo after 2 years.
    but i'm looking for a garage which can service my valve clearance. The user manual suggests to service it every 10k. But i guess no JH600 users have ever done it. I just worry about it.

9. #9 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Fons,

Fan Peisheng can definitely do your valve clearances. He recently rebuilt the whole top end of Motokai's JH600 after it sucked an exhaust valve. Fan is pretty good with mechanical stuff. Not so good with electrical, especially ECU.

That said, you are basically right: There is no reliable full-service Jialing shop in Shanghai. Maybe not anywhere in China.

cheers!
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #10 Re: Jialing JH600 (New Generation) 
    JH 600-A
    Fan Peisheng = Xiao Fan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast