Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: 2010 JH600

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 2010 JH600 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    2010 JH600 for sale. Bike is in Beijing.

I am selling my JH600 because I don't use it much. I have a lot of projects on the go, and the JH is not getting as much use as it deserves. It is a fantastic bike for China. But, frankly, most of my riding is in downtown Beijing where the ONLY sensible solution is a little scooter. Our traffic problem has gone beyond absurd.

It has about 10K kms on it, and has been maintained meticulously by the Beijing Jialing Service Center since new (I am the only owner). I am a little crazy in making sure my bikes are in perfect riding condition. During the ECU upgrade process, I had the mechanic go over the bike with a fine tooth comb. The ECU upgrade was about 2K, the FULL servicing about another 2K (all fluids changed, including fork oil, brake fluid, coolant, engine oil - and everything adjusted to new specs).

Goodies include Tourfella bags and mounts (powder-coated in a matching color), hand guards, upgraded horns (very loud), huge ADLO 929 top box (with integrated brake light), and a couple of GoPro mounts (camera not included).

Black.

Asian version (lower seat height). I find it much more comfortable.

It has the upgraded ECU.

It will probably need new tires in the next few thousand kms. Originals are still on.

It is 京A-plated. I have owned the bike >2 years, therefore I can separate the bike from the plate. If you are from outside Beijing, you can legally buy it and plate it in your jurisdiction (no tax on used bikes). Inside Beijing, it has to keep its A-plate.

Market rates for 京A plates have just jumped to 30K+, and are likely to continue rising in the next few months.

Bike without plate is 22.5K rmb. Bike with plate is 52.5K. I think this is a pretty good price, as the panniers & mounts are 4.5K and they are in brand new condition. And the bike is in pretty much near-new condition. A new JH600-A, with taxes, delivery, etc., etc., but without plate (or any goodies) is mid to high 30s. With goodies, probably low 40s.

Naturally, I have ALL of the documents, receipts, manuals, etc.

Here are a couple of 2012 pics. The top box has been changed to the larger ADLO 929 (two helmets), but if you prefer the black ADLO 8038 (one helmet, as in the pics), I can switch it back on (I am currently using the 8038 on one of my YBRs).

Grab it before I change my mind - a distinct possibility because I do like this bike. MCM members get first crack, and thereafter I will put it on the Chinese classifieds, and local expat boards, unless I change my mind.

PS: I also have a red 2011 Yamaha YBR125-K (4K kms with some goodies), A-plated, that I will sell for 37,500. However, it can't be separated from its A-plate until mid-2013, so 30K of the price is just the plate.

2. #2 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Banned
    Nice and clean bike but wrong rego / plates for my purpose. The alloy panniers look huge in the pictures..... good luck with the sale to a true biker.

3. #3 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Nice and clean bike but wrong rego / plates for my purpose. The alloy panniers look huge in the pictures..... good luck with the sale to a true biker.
    Hi TB-R

The "rule" in Beijing is that an owner can separate the bike from the plates after 2 full years of ownership. I'm not really sure if that means calendar years, or anniversary years. Either way, I have met the 2 year rule. That means that the bike can be re-registered in another jurisdiction (subject to its rules). You'd need to check the local laws to see what happens with registering a used bike from Beijing (ALL paperwork is included).

Yeah, the panniers are indeed large, although I think the camera angle makes them look even larger. They are great for traveling, especially with a passenger.

I forgot that the bike also comes with a Laser ProDura exhaust, professionally installed by the dealer. I think that was around 2,200 rmb. Here's a pic:

and here is a pic of the handguards:

I have been asked what the differences are between this bike and a brand new JH600-A. The ONLY differences are:

1) Mine has been upgraded to be exactly like the new version JH600-A, with the exception of the speedometer (unnecessary)
    2) mine has 10K kms on it (perfectly maintained)
    3) mine has the goodies
    4) mine is half the price

Oh, it also comes with some spare parts (extra clutch & brake cables, chain guides, etc.)

Cheers

4. #4 Re: 2010 JH600 
    It just so happens I was just thinking about adding a two wheel Jialing to the fleet.

**Amended**

Well it seems my wife is not to happy with the idea of adding a second Jialing to the fleet. She can't see the difference between a two wheeler and three wheeler. I guess someone will end up with a great bike at a great price!!!
    Winston
    Last edited by Shanghaifingers; 01-07-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

5. #5 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Please pm you phone number and best time To call.
    Done.

Another thing the bike comes with is a high quality custom-made cover, in black (paid around 500 rmb for it). I keep forgetting about all the extras, sorry.

The bike is in temp-controlled, underground storage, also under the aforementioned cover. Battery is out (on trickle) and fuel stabilizer has been added to the tank and run through the fuel system.

Also, since people don't necessarily read all of the posts, in every nook & cranny of MCM ... I mentioned in another post (somewhere), that after the ECU upgrade, I noticed that the bike does something weird - from time to time, after a long run, when I turn off the bike using the key (not the kill switch), the bike will continue to run for 2 or 3 seconds before turning off. I've no idea why it does that, sometimes. It doesn't bother me, so I ignored it.

One person asked why I didn't replace the speedo. Well, the reason one "needs" to replace the speedo during the ECU upgrade is that it is necessary to replace the bike's entire wiring harness ... and the "old" wiring harness has the "old" plastic plug for the speedo. The "new" wiring harness has a "new" shape of plastic plug (that goes in the back of the speedo). The "new" plug doesn't fit the "old" speedo. The speedos are identical (old versus new), with the exception of the connector. I think it was 800 rmb for a new speedo assembly, or 10 rmb for a plug adaptor. No-brainer, as far as I was concerned.

Cheers

6. #6 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Damn - the bike had been sold (almost immediately) to someone outside Beijing and we were finalizing the technicalities when it was uncovered that the rule in Beijing is now 3 years ownership before the plate can be separated from the bike.

Therefore, it is really only practical for an in-Beijing buyer, because the A plate needs to remain on the bike.

Sorry folks. We in Beijing suffer from both absurd pollution and rules.

7. #7 Re: 2010 JH600 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,you still have it?

8. #8 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacovit View Post
    Hi,you still have it?
    Hi Jacovit

The bike is technically still available to a Beijing buyer (京A plate has to stay on bike), although the original out-of-town buyer and I are still trying to come up with a "creative solution."

I live beside the CBD (Guomao). My direct # is one five nine, one one one one, 8250.

9. #9 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Give him the bike with the Beijing plate. After the 3 year mark he sends you bak the plate and docments and the you can sell them and he can then apply for his plates as if the sale occurred at that point. Obviously this needs to be done with someone you trust and there needs to be a clear contract with the buyer.... Its complicated in theory but not really... A plate rental fee can be added. Maybe you can hold on to the green ownership book and only hand over the blue book.

S'Fingers
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

10. #10 Re: 2010 JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Give him the bike with the Beijing plate. After the 3 year mark he sends you bak the plate and docments and the you can sell them and he can then apply for his plates as if the sale occurred at that point. Obviously this needs to be done with someone you trust and there needs to be a clear contract with the buyer.... Its complicated in theory but not really... A plate rental fee can be added. Maybe you can hold on to the green ownership book and only hand over the blue book.
    Thanks - yup, the possible out-of-towner suggested that, and I've responded with another suggestion. I'd kinda just prefer a clean sale.

I feel bad because it was me who F'd up about being unaware of the new 3 year rule.

I took the cover off yesterday to have a look at her, and I think I am crazy to sell her - she's a nice bike. Alas, the stable is just getting too crowded, and the JH's seat height (despite being the lower Asian version) is just too high for sweety.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast