Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Had to come sooner or later as we got very used to the JL JH600A-B sidecar in Shanghai, ordered a Jialing JH600 (solo European version, new generation, army green) last week. Giving up on legal import dual-sport bikes for the time being as another JL bike should suit my current needs just fine. The JH bike can be easily repaired as parts should be available around China or famous Taobao and the JL bikes have a good and solid history over the years. Was told the JL will arrive before CNY in Shanghai and the modifications will start to transform the thumper into a reliable enduro / adventure type bike.

Getting in touch with the Tourfella guys shortly for some parts like alloy bash plate, mainstand protector, crash bars, alloy rear rack, pannier frames (got my own idea about pannier set-up).
    Might drive a car or ride a bike over to the Tourfella factory to see how they manufacture the parts once the JL has arrived. Anyone up for a group buy or Tourfella visit? Any feedback / recommendations about the Tourfella parts and gear from anyone? What ype of gear and parts have you bought and installed from Tourfella?

Now, has anyone used Conti TKC80 tires (100/90-19 and 130/80-17) on the Jialing JH600, just wondering about interference between the front fender and front tire.

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Congratulations on choosing the solo Jialing! As for the panniers, yes, the standard ones that Lao Jia Huo and I have are big -- the bike is about 105cm wide with them on, as I recall, and they are a bit wider than the bars. But Du Rui also makes a slimmer version, which you can see on Motokai's bike, including some pix in this forum. I'm guessing that the width of his panniers is roughly comparable to the bar width, probably just under 100cm.

Now if S'fingers buys LJH's JH600, we'll have the makings of a real Jialing posse here in Shanghai.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Yeah Butch good choice what's about the Multi?
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    I would be very interested in a tourfella visit if you go. I want to change out the Jialing plastic panniers I have to the slim version that I saw on Motokai's pictures.

I had a shop coat a black spray-on truck bed liner on outside and inside of my GSA aluminum units in the USA and love it. I wanted to do the same with some tourfella's for the JH600. I may have to bring in some bed liner spray cans that is not quite as durable as the professional Line-X but I can bring it back with me on next tour to USA. Anyway, sorry to digress, I am interested in buying the tourfella slim units. I can use the racks I have with the same hardware but would like to see the options.

I am a fat ass so I changed out the rear suspension and front fork springs. I am betting you will do the same. I got them thru Franki in Hong Kong but they were spec'd by phaezler. I added the remote damper adjuster.

Keep me posted.

I have the European version too and like it. But I have the fastest color Blue bike!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

5. #5 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Congratulations on choosing the solo Jialing! As for the panniers, yes, the standard ones that Lao Jia Huo and I have are big -- the bike is about 105cm wide with them on, as I recall, and they are a bit wider than the bars.
    THANKS, most probably looking into soft panniers as they are adjustable and can be used on many different bikes and easily carried around. Bike panniers, the real deal are Caribou Cases (Pelican) and have a set for my Italian mistress (Duc-MTS) with SW-Motech racks / frame but prefer soft panniers for the JL ADV project.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    I would be very interested in a tourfella visit if you go.
    I'll let everyone interested know about my plans. A mate mention that Tourfella has a guy based in a Shanghai bike shop (Pudong). Investigating right now but still tempted to go to TF factory to have a look. Not sure if we can organise the trip / visit before CNY as i have to finalise my travel plan....

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    what's about the Multi?
    No changes with the MTS, stays in the family (Shanghai) and gets used as usual as a real stress reliever (it's just not the bike to shift around within China in wooden crates, hope you get my meaning...).
    Need a permanent bike for Hainan Island due to my constant trips down South and keeping the solo JL mostly on the island and Southern China, great riding in pleasant weather and little traffic outside the cities...

6. #6 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Now, has anyone used Conti TKC80 tires (100/90-19 and 130/80-17) on the Jialing JH600, just wondering about interference between the front fender and front tire.
    Hi,
    in case the TKC 80's would be too close to the Fender, just add a small spacer to lift the fender a bit and drill new holes to the side mount. I did it here but with a 21" front rim. With the existing wheel, I guess there is no need to replace the fork bridge, some spacers or washers, maybe longer bolts should do the trick.

Cheers and have fun with the new JH600
    AW
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

7. #7 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    have fun with the new JH600
    G'Day AW,

Thanks and appreciate the feedback, fender modifications are always possible.
    Will enjoy the solo JL to the fullest, quite sure about it.

Was just informed my JL solo bike arrived in Shanghai this afternoon, now that was a very quick delivery, order was only placed last week Friday.

8. #8 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

My solo JH600 sits in Shanghai awaiting inspection and take over for rego.
    -Motokai, thanks for emailing the pics the other day-

Hopefully the Tourfella guys are able to supply some parts for the transformation before CNY but this becoming a TIC issue all over again the way things go and look like in the moment....

Attached Images

9. #9 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Love the retro styling -- anything but the "modern" polkadot designs of the black, blue and red versions. I'm biased, but it's an awesome China bike.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #10 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    I definitely love that color too... Good luck with the registration.

AW
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast