Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

The Tourfella parts arrived, alloy panniers (220mm width), 8 keys, stainless steel mounting racks, stainless steel nuts & bolts, looks like very solid gear and installation will follow after registration is completed.
    Had some spare black pannier bags and they they fit perfectly inside the TF panniers.
    Attached Images

2. #22 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Looks good - congrats! They are decent quality, IMHO, aside from the locks.

I also picked up the narrow boxes, like yours, and find them the right size for the JH - the larger boxes (which I initially bought), although voluminous, are a bit wide.

By the way, I also have the SS mount from TF (bought in 2010) and when it came time to mount it, the right side would not clear the stock exhaust's heat shield. The heat shield had to be removed - it looked like crap until I installed the Produra exhaust, which is much smaller than the stock exhaust, and looks fine now. Perhaps TF has slightly modified the right side mount? Don't know.

I also had the SS mount powder coated in the darker grey (matching the stock crash bars, etc), and it added a more professional look. The Jialing Service Center (Beijing) arranged the powder coating for me - good job and only about 100 rmb, if I recall correctly.

3. #23 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Looks good - congrats! They are decent quality, IMHO, aside from the locks. I also picked up the narrow boxes, like yours, and find them the right size for the JH - the larger boxes (which I initially bought), although voluminous, are a bit wide.
    Still got a set of soft rally panniers sitting here in my garage and they are smaller and more durable for off-road riding, looked at the three available TF pannier sizes (190 / 220 /260mm width) and decided on the medium size ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    By the way, I also have the SS mount from TF (bought in 2010) and when it came time to mount it, the right side would not clear the stock exhaust's heat shield. The heat shield had to be removed - it looked like crap until I installed the Produra exhaust, which is much smaller than the stock exhaust, and looks fine now. Perhaps TF has slightly modified the right side mount? Don't know.
    Will feedback about fitment next week, need registration first and the exhaust stays original for the time being as I do not like the sound of the aftermarket slip-on exhaust cans I have heard and seen so far (no offence guys...) but time will tell once i have found an exhaust I might like and swap over but thats not first priority in my books.

Started to put a tool kit together to stash on the bike for emergency repairs on the road as the kit that comes with the JL's sucks in my opinion.
    Still need to stop over in the Sata tool shop for a decent tool roll and some spanners / pliers, etc....
    Attached Images

4. #24 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Had a mate coming from Oztralia and carry some more Barbusters parts, fitted the Barkbusters yesterday without any problem to the original Jialing JH600A variable section handlebar, some pics attached as reference before everything got some Loctite and tightened up.... basically used parts from two different sets of Barkbusters to mount them onto the JH600A bars.
    Attached Images

5. #25 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Sweet!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

6. #26 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Tourfella parts (220mm wide panniers, racks), everything bolted right on, changed the stainless steel / nylon nuts and bolts to better ones, nothing needed to be modded or removed from the bike.
    Attached Images

7. #27 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Looks great. Even those mid-width panniers look quite wide, though it may be the camera angle. Are they wider than your bars?

You going to paint the panniers olive drab?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #28 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Looks great. Even those mid-width panniers look quite wide, though it may be the camera angle. Are they wider than your bars? You going to paint the panniers olive drab?
    The panniers stick out a bit further compared to the handlebar, just need to remember that while going through traffic and lane splitting. Got black soft cordura waterproofed roll-top panniers if I need to go with a smaller and narrow setup.

Paint on the panniers, don't think so, spray painting over fully assembled alloy panniers with all the protective black plastic edges and rivets looks like tacky cheap scooter back alley tuning..... Sorry, not my style......

9. #29 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Looks great - coming right along. That work stool looks a little small, though.

10. #30 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    Initial 1000k check-up and service (oil / filter change) done on my "Dingaling" last Sunday and test fitted my Aussie soft panniers for a smaller narrower bike profile (bikes widest part with soft panniers = handlebar & Barkbusters) and off-road riding. As with all my past dual sport bikes and soft rally panniers, they fit and shall work great in the Chinese Outback.....
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast