Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Banned
    ok, here we go as per other thread, had a look behind the JH600 sprocket cover and applied the "chinese fix" with a smear of epoxy between the swingarm and chain-slider this evening and will keep an eye on the chain slider in the future. let's see how the "chinese fix" works as a weld on the swingarm runs right underneath the chain slider.

changed the low quality nylon nuts to stainless steel domed nuts inside the TF alloy panniers while waiting for the epoxy to dry.
    Attached Images

2. #32 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Hope you glued the rubber chain guard on both the TOP and BOTTOM of the Swingarm.

3. #33 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the fantastic JL600 community, i was happy to find out this forum...

This is my first post in this forum and was previously reading the loooong thread about JL600 pre ´11 ecu 2.0 problems, now the bike should be about hassle free.

I´m living in Beijing suburbs and going to get rid of my 1600 Kawa and getting this green JL600 solo. Do you guys know where should i got to get one of these and where is Beijing jialing service center? Best solution would be to just change the bikes in a shop and they should pay me extra 10k for the swap. I´ve been loyal customer of the FHL motor (风火轮) where i got 2 of my previous bikes.

In my usage the 京B plates are good enough, when I assume that the total cost would be around 35k?
    Kawasaki vulcan nomad 1600

4. #34 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeppoT View Post
    This is my first post in this forum and was previously reading the loooong thread about JL600 pre ´11 ecu 2.0 problems, now the bike should be about hassle free.
    Yup, the JH600-A solved the ECU problem. Many owners of the JH-600 (pre 2011) have changed the ECU to the new version and no longer experience stalls. It is about 2,000 rmb to upgrade. By the way, aside from the ECU, there is no difference between a 2010 and a JH600-A. It has now been sold, but there was an 800 km 2010 B-plated JH600 (had ECU upgrade done) for sale for 25K last month. They do come up, now and then. Keep your eyes on 58.com and weifengtang.com

I´m living in Beijing suburbs and going to get rid of my 1600 Kawa and getting this green JL600 solo. Do you guys know where should i got to get one of these and where is Beijing jialing service center? Best solution would be to just change the bikes in a shop and they should pay me extra 10k for the swap. I´ve been loyal customer of the FHL motor (风火轮) where i got 2 of my previous bikes.

In my usage the 京B plates are good enough, when I assume that the total cost would be around 35k?
    Any shop can order a JH600-A on your behalf, but I am not sure if FHL would - it seems it has dropped all Chinese brands (it used to sell Regal Raptors, but no more). The original Jialing Service Center is at Goldenport Raceway, but it has now become the MV Augusta dealer and doesn't really get too involved with Jialings any more. Some of the larger dealers around town have the sidecar version in stock, and would probably order a solo for you. A larger dealer might also be interested in your Kawa, or sell it for you.

As for price, depends on which solo you buy, but add the tax (net of around 9%), B plate, insurance, fees, etc and you are going to be between 37 and 40K.

5. #35 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks LJH,

Summer is seriously hitting in at Beijing and I can´t wait for too long anymore ;) Haha.

I´m going to visit few dealers this coming weekend. As well checking the websites u mentioned. I was told last year from my nearby moto dealear that if a laowai buys a bike with B plates, the owner in the papers will be the dealer or some other Chinese fellow as laowai´s can´t actually own a B-plated bike. Do you think this will affect anyhow how legal the process is?

Other thing came to my mind that how to be sure that the dealer puts on a real B plates, that he actually register the bike in official way and then just sell´s it to me.

Seems that BJ police is a bit more strict with the big bore bikes with fake plates and no import tax paid nowadays. Heard few stories and as well police almost confiscated my Kawa last year, but i was playing innocent so they let me go.. thou u can get it back with a red envelope ;-)

Main reason to change bike is to do more dual sport riding trips to inner mongolia and as well to get things perfectly leagal :D

How are the insurance companies thinking of JH600-A´s

Thanks and happy cruising!
    Kawasaki vulcan nomad 1600

6. #36 Re: Jialing JH600 (TBR) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I was told last year from my nearby moto dealear that if a laowai buys a bike with B plates, the owner in the papers will be the dealer or some other Chinese fellow as laowai´s can´t actually own a B-plated bike. Do you think this will affect anyhow how legal the process is?

Other thing came to my mind that how to be sure that the dealer puts on a real B plates, that he actually register the bike in official way and then just sell´s it to me.
    It will be a 100% legal bike. The B in a company name practice is very common. But stay away from small dealers, or the few dealers that cater to the expat market - you run a real risk of getting fake plates/documents (cost about 200 rmb, but the shop charges 2,000 rmb). Go to a large dealer - one that won't risk its high volume of business for a scam.

Foreigners can register B plated bikes in their name if their residence is in one of the approved districts (e.g., Hairou, Pinggu, etc).

You were very lucky with your Kawa re the police. However, any accident with an illegal bike is a nightmare. Fortunately, a legal JH600 is easily insured.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234