Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 HOLY CRAP CRAZY CARL !!! 
    Master of Thump
    HOLY CRAP CRAZY CARL ,
    your not going to believe this , but Simon is buying a Honda Ascott 500cc V-Twin tonight, yeehaaaa !!!!!!
    Finaly I think I ragged on him enough to finaly grow a spine and buy a damn bike !!!
    Look out Kiddies, stay off the sidewalks, Simon is riding again !!!!
    He told me today he rode it last night all over YUMA !!!! He does the paperwork today !
    Good for him, I am very excited to see him grow some balls , and cut the cord to his wife-line . Were already planning a road trip so watch out I may even come see more of you finally, hee hee hee . And God Almighty your going to regret it I am sure !!!

Later, its a good day for Culcunes !!!!

Snortin out

Well I'll be damned! It's about time! I wonder what Culcune angles he pulled to get this one?

The Ascot 500 is pretty obscure and only produced for two years. Let's hope it doesn't need any parts!

Let's hope he pops on here with some pics of the bike and a shit-eating grin!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    That's funny you should mention how hard it is to get parts for a Honda on a China Moto Forum ? It is useually the other way around
    Obscure bike or not , you can still get parts , albeit very spendy am sure
    Sudco Racing out of Californification has a pretty cool Carburetor unit for the Ascot already , its a pretty popular TT style bike to fix up and race actually .
    Kinda like the XR750 and 1000 of Harleys , they just were made for the track, no difference with the Ascot , its got a great platform for it .

And like you say, he definately has some angle on this purchase, for sure , you know Culcune well enough to know that too .

May not be Chinese , but at least he's back in the mix . Nothing wrong with Honda as long as your bank account is huge and can afford parts , they are ungodly priced as you already know .

Its starting to snow here, dammit ! Well , not so dammit, its kinda fun in the dirt that way ? Although after wrecking my DB200 yesterday really bad I am reluctant to tempt my fate right now . Bike and rider came out just fine , but I did scare myself Riding beyond my means of course and ability obviously . Three cheers for good ride gear !!!! My head landed first thing up against a tree after sliding across the track for ten feet into the forest . Nice My ride pants are Kevlar, thank God !!!! Bent my shifter up a little ( alot ) and stuffed mud onto my throttle grip and housing , but got right back on and rode for another hour, slower . That is one tough bike Carl ! I put Suzuki handlebars on it when I got it , and that is a good thing, they would have bent for sure if they were chinese bars , I hit hard . I sure wish someone would have caught me on film on this one , I was doing at least 35 mph in third gear rear end jumped out from under me, front tire caught solid ground under the mud and I went end over end off the front of the bike then slid into the forest at full speed . Not a lick of pain ? I consider myself very lucky yesterday and still don't know why i don't hurt today ? Good ride gear I guess ? And just dumb luck

So, did you get your Blow-Up Santa Biker yet !!!

Cheers, kelly

I'll post here, too--I'm back with a bike. The Ascot isn't as hard to find parts for (supposedly) as it is loosely based on the same year shadow and some others, too--kind of like the Chinese bikes .

The bike was $1k (US) in great mechanical shape, and not so bad visual shape--the owner is a co-worker who just picked up a '01 Shadow 750, and needed this one out of his life to pay for a trick sewing machine for his wife's Christmas present. (It's supposed to be....$900 US!!!!!!! WTF!!!! )

I will give him $500 and $100/month for 5 months, but it is ready to ride, until I find a way to mess it up , although it doesn't seem as delicate as my old Chinese ride

Will get photos here somehow, and hopefully with a naked woman draped over it (okay, I can hope), but will at least have photos of the bike.

Keep your fingers crossed

Culcune,

Welcome back punk! So did you take delivery or will you only be able to pick it up in the spring?

My first bike was an 82 VF750C so I know the kind of stuff you're dealing with. The bikes back then had a lot of character to make up for lack of suspension and braking. Engines were real hum-dingers though.

PICS PICS PICS!

CC

6. #6 Carl , maybe he broke it already ? 
    Master of Thump
    Crazy Carl ,
    maybe Culcune broke the darn thing already ?
    I thought for sure we'd have pictures by now ?
    But then again , since he can't fix a bike, he probably can't figure out a Digital Camera either ..............We better pool our money and buy him a one touch disposable Fuji for photos here I guess , and have Walmart post his pics for him to us if were ever actualy going to see anything ?
    Simon is wearing a Wool Jacket for Leathers , so I don't expect much out of him really I wonder if he wears Flip-Flops for riding boots too ? I told him it is going to be difficult to use the clutch lever and brake lever if he keeps using his kids Mittens this Winter too .
    Heck , he may just be too busy with divorce papers is all ? I am sure this has caused quite the disgruntled angry titty commity to start a revolt against poor Culcune anyway . He is probably up to his eye-lids in raging punetang by now am sure .
    He may even be heading to the Mexican border to escape the wrath and live to ride another day .
    You never know with him ? She may have already burried the body and we may never hear from him again ?
    Maybe she just won't let him use the computer ? Must be tough living with the AntiChrist 666 ......................

I suppose I just have to be patient , not my best quality when dealing with Culcunes God knows you know how long it actualy took him to show up here again Carl ?

Later, Kelly

Well SNorton, people come and go ah'spoze. I guess he'll be showing up when and if the timing is right. In the meantime we allz got projects to hammer away on.

Speaking of which, you mentioned a while back that you were restoring/repairnig a bike or atv for a neighbor friend. Something about it being in a barn. How is that going?

CC

8. #8 Its not currently 
    Master of Thump
    Its not going on currently , the guy ( her granddad ) got hit hard with the Stock Market wowes that ownes the little girls ATV techinically , cancelled my Custom Home plans I was to build for him in Spring ( ouch ) and he aint got money for repairs to the ATV . So it sits and she rides his big ass Red yamaha for now .

Snortin

How much you charging for storage?
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

10. #10 KingMarty45 
    Master of Thump
    Yo man , its in his barn not my garage . I have no more room for bikes, and am considering making the front room or game room a Showroom this year in the house , because we are getting more bikes this year and they got to go somewhere Must be a drag to be me !!!!

Snortin out