Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Is there anyone who can recommend me a shop for imported sports bike? Just the name of the shop will do, ill worry about how to get the legal plate later on.... Thanks ya'll.......

2. #2 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    U mean in Jingan?
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

3. #3 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Quote Originally Posted by braillce View Post
    U mean in Jingan?
    not necessary..... as long as its in shanghai

oh yeah sorry im in shanghai... jing'an is just the district where i live in, apologies for not stating clearly. I forgot the forum is china wide:)
    Last edited by xtoss; 01-16-2013 at 11:47 AM.

4. #4 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    It's a good question to ask where u can get an imported bike.

Go check Murata's Japanese bikes on West Tianshan Rd (north side of the street), between Beiyu Rd and Pusong Rd, Near the Middle ring, in front of Beixinjing Subway station (Line 2).

They can get u anything if u got the $...

Some built under license & imported from Thailand (dunno about quality, +17% taxes import), some are only built in Japan (+50% taxes)...

So a CBR 400 (legit, Japan import only) is more expensive than a ER6n from Thailand...

Most of the bikes they have in the shop are not legal for inside city, but I have the feeling it's not an issue for u.

They offer decent servicing also, maybe a bit expensive.

Today I asked them for a Ninja 300, hope they'll call back with a Thai price.

Good luck.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

5. #5 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    tnx man... great info!
    what the heck! we're looking for the same bike..... :) but i think the 2013 kawi ninja 300 is only available in america and europe (and well ofcourse japan) in asia only 250 is available and if im not mistaken the ABS option is only available in 300. Maybe this link will give u an idea about the cost http://bnymt.taobao.com/search.htm?s...&queryType=cat

6. #6 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Follow up question.... Why bikes from japan requires more tax than the one in thailand?

7. #7 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Typically manufactures submit their models to government agencies for approval, they submit them with either a full statement of compliance and understanding of safety regulation and also emissions. They then can be imported. If the manufactures do not advertise the bikes for sale in a country then somebody is importing the bikes outside of the manufacturer or they are imported illegally. Doing that if done legitimately would be expensive and time consuming, but not impossible.

But without the manufacturer standing directly behind the imports they would be considered what is called grey market bikes and not supported with a formal system of support.

If they are imported in that manner then they may be legal or not, they would not have any factory warranty and parts and support would be questionable.

The bikes would likely be coming through an authorized dealer in another country, they are not coming out of factory directly, not recognized by the factory by who you buy them from, but by who sold them to the entity you bought them from. Basically a dealer in another country that is selling them to somebody in china, they could also be stolen in shipping?

I would suspect degrees of organized crime in the grey market sales and bribery in the process to get them legally plated if they actually are able to doing that.

8. #8 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Typically manufactures submit their models to government agencies for approval, they submit them with either a full statement of compliance and understanding of safety regulation and also emissions. They then can be imported. If the manufactures do not advertise the bikes for sale in a country then somebody is importing the bikes outside of the manufacturer or they are imported illegally. Doing that if done legitimately would be expensive and time consuming, but not impossible.

But without the manufacturer standing directly behind the imports they would be considered what is called grey market bikes and not supported with a formal system of support.

If they are imported in that manner then they may be legal or not, they would not have any factory warranty and parts and support would be questionable.

The bikes would likely be coming through an authorized dealer in another country, they are not coming out of factory directly, not recognized by the factory by who you buy them from, but by who sold them to the entity you bought them from. Basically a dealer in another country that is selling them to somebody in china, they could also be stolen in shipping?

I would suspect degrees of organized crime in the grey market sales and bribery in the process to get them legally plated if they actually are able to doing that.
    so as it turns out Thailand advertise more bikes in china than japan? hmmmm... intresting! anyway i heard that thailand has a good relationship with china so it makes sense and honda has a factory in thailand so honda bikes are way more cheaper to import comapred to other jap brands.

9. #9 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Quote Originally Posted by xtoss View Post
    so as it turns out Thailand advertise more bikes in china than japan? hmmmm... intresting! anyway i heard that thailand has a good relationship with china so it makes sense and honda has a factory in thailand so honda bikes are way more cheaper to import comapred to other jap brands.
    Sadly the Honda factory don't produce the CBR 300 nor 400 in Thailand (unless they start in 2013), which would be perfect for SH...

Heard they'll build the new CBR 500 this year tho: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=3623276

Also, some chatter about the Ninja 300 made me think Murata's may be able to import it from Thailand, but prob not before a few months: http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-mot...ailand-in-2013

Rumors...
    Georges Brassens

10. #10 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    yeah the new 500 has been released..... but wait for the mysterious 2013 cbr400r "the comeback". There are some rumors and pics going on in the internet but nothing final. Anyway im still going to aim for the ninja 300 i just hope the price wont be that much coz right now, with my budget im willing to consider the 2013 cbr250 but still weighing my options.
    BTW does the Murata shop has its own website?.....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast