Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    there won't be another CBR 400R sadly the images that have surfaced online were speculation as they thought the CBR 500R would be 400cc in capacity i would love new CBR 400R if it looked modern and had a inline 4 engine but those days are long gone now, is it not possible to get the ER-6F imported? they are very good bikes my father has one and having ridden it a few times its very relaxed and comfortable but when you want to push its got the chassis to do so and a 143mph topspeed.

Kennon

2. #12 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Quote Originally Posted by xtoss View Post
    yeah the new 500 has been released..... [...] i just hope the price wont be that much [...]
    BTW does the Murata shop has its own website?.....
    I'm fantasizing at the 2 on top:

CB 500 F => 50hp - 190kg - 5500$
    Ninja 300 => 35hp - 165kg - 4800$
    CB 250 R => 24hp - 162kg - 4200$

The Ninja looks a bit overpriced seen under that angle...

Us price, dunno about Thai price ???, then add 17% import taxes, then add dealer's fee...

I don't know if he can get the 300 but I but I know both Honda are made in Thailand, u should meet Murata, even if ur CH sucks he's got books with pictures and a calculator...

Dunno about any website.
    I have 2 phone numbers: 187 1795 1725 & 136 7177 8208
    1st is the assistant, 2nd I cant recall if it's the mechanic or Murata, anyways, none of them speaks English, JP & CH only...

---

Also,

Go check the Honda dealer on Zhongshan rd, near Wuyi rd.
    Just north of Wuyi, East side of Zhongshan, I think he told me he could get the 250 also...

Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    [...] i would love new CBR 400R if it looked modern and had a inline 4 engine but those days are long gone now, is it not possible to get the ER-6F imported? [...] Kennon

Yea, small cc inline 4 is a sound of the past, sadly.

Murata can import the ER6-N from Thailand again, somewhere between 50 and 60K last year, never asked about the -F version.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

3. #13 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Cool tnx for the info.... Here's the cny price i gathered
    2013 ninja250r 46k+
    2012 ninja250r 45k+
    2013 cbr250r 33-36k
    Dunno if legally imported but its says from thailand

4. #14 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Cool tnx for the info.... Here's the cny price i gathered
    2013 ninja250r 46k+
    2012 ninja250r 45k+
    2013 cbr250r 33-36k
    Dunno if legally imported but its says from thailand

Hope mursta's price could be cheaper....

5. #15 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    U can check the kawasaki thainland website if its there probably it can be imported here. But the plate part would be different story as far as the size of the engine is concern. U'll have probs for bikes with more than 250cc....

6. #16 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Banned
    U can check the kawasaki thainland website if its there probably it can be imported here. But the plate part would be different story as far as the size of the engine is concern. U'll have probs for bikes with more than 250cc....
    reads like you got no clue what your talking - writing about.....

7. #17 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    reads like you got no clue what your talking - writing about.....

May u enlighten me with your knowledge bout this

8. #18 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    I don't know if he can get the 300 but I but I know both Honda are made in Thailand, u should meet Murata, even if ur CH sucks he's got books with pictures and a calculator...

U mention that he already confirmed that he can get it for u just waiting for the price?

Yea, small cc inline 4 is a sound of the past, sadly.

Murata can import the ER6-N from Thailand again, somewhere between 50 and 60K last year, never asked about the -F version.[/QUOTE]

9. #19 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    The 17% is a VAT not an import tax, to the best of my knowledge the imports from Thailand to China for that size motorcycle is 40% plus the VAT and some other fees. The reason bikes are cheaper out of Thailand and that is for all countries is the lowered cost to make them in Thailand offers the ability to sell them cheaper at retail. So the same type bike coming out of Japan would be taxed 48% and also on a higher value that is derived by its higher cost to make in Japan. I am fairly certain the CBR300 are made in Brazil and would be taxed the same as Japan.

Loncin and Kawasaki signed a letter of intent last year, Loncin will be in that agreement their distributor in China and possibly manufacture some models in China for them.

I highly doubt the 70% tariff on motorcycles into Thailand from China and 40% the other way around will be changing very soon. If it does or has I suspect it would be some type of unilateral change and likely only marginal and not likely to ever be reduced to zero.

Any independent importer would need to insure the bike all meet Chinese regulations, they take the role of “manufacturer” for example Kawasaki North America manages the import for North America. I could buy a container of Kawasaki Estrella and sell them in the USA, but I would then be the “manufacturer” and responsible for all obligations to regulations and warranty as well as parts and service. Problem would be that all the sum of all the costs would make them so expensive nobody would buy them and I would go bankrupt. In China with its very high market prices and strangled market they can cover all those costs and still make a profit not likely on an Estrella, but on anything they can get cheap out of Thailand has an advantage, but would not be anything close to cheap.

10. #20 Re: Sport bikes 250cc and up 
    Great info here MJH, thanks!

We were referring to the Ninja 300.

Perso I don't like fairing so much cause of my habit to drop 'em when maneuvering, and sure would prefer the CB300.

Talking bout CB400, Murata could get one from Japan, but it was 110K last year.

Probably would've been the only legal one in China...

U mention that he already confirmed that he can get it for u just waiting for the price?
    I don't know if he can get one, and don't know at which price yet...

It was a few days ago and I start to doubt he can get one.

I'll follow up when/if any news.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast