Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 replaced the coil and it worked for 1 week, won't start 
    C-Moto Regular
    My coil wire I think was the culprit the whole time my coil was acting up, but I replaced it with an orange hp coil. It ran good for about a week, and I go to the post office and less than 5 minutes later it won't strt. So I push it home.

Is this possibly the cdi has been messed up from all the coil and coil wire trouble. Voltages all getting messed with? I'm replacing the cdi just to be changing parts. It's $10 on ebay or less. But is there anybody that knows what is going on?

Should I put the old coil back on and replace the cdi? I have a replacement coil wire too. Also replace the voltage regulater / rectifier thing too.

Thanks,
    Stacy

2. #2 Re: replaced the coil and it worked for 1 week, won't start 
    C-Moto Regular
    UPDATE...

I just rolled it up on the porch and tried it to see if it'd start and it started like nothing was wrong. Ran for about 5 minutes and then stopped running and wouldn't start back up. Something is going on after it's voltage has warmed up or something. Like the cdi after it has run so much voltage, or the voltage regulator. Ebay has both for under $20 and shipping is free, so going that route but would like to know what is going on. Anybody know some tests I can run? Coil wire is just laying on the motor, on top of the valves cover. Until I can get the gas tank off and reroute it. Think I messed it up and the coil wire is at fault again? I looked the coil wire over and moved it around while it was running, didn't shock me.

Thanks,
    Stacy

3. #3 Re: replaced the coil and it worked for 1 week, won't start 
    C-Moto Regular
    I'm guessing that the two coil wires with flat spade connectors may plug into the wiring harness and they have become loose, if it isn't the cdi or the voltage regulator. I saw the two wire on ebay being sold with a coil. So that is my next step, reroute the coil wire and look for the wires that feed the coil, they have bullet shaped ends and just snap in and out. I pulled the coils feed wires while replacing the exhaust gasket, instead of removing the coil I just let it kinda sit out of the way, I think it pulled those wires.

4. #4 Re: replaced the coil and it worked for 1 week, won't start 
    Don't you see?

You do not need the help of others.

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...