Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello, I recently purchased a yingang enduro 250cc bike and it was running great. Unfortunately the header pipe that connects the carberautor to the muffler broke off. I cannot find where to get parts and the supplier is not helping at all. Does anyone know where I could get this part and other Yingang parts? Also do they use Honda motors and can I just use a Honda dirt bike header pipe to fix it. Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated, I want to ride!!!

2. #2 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    I cannot imagine what you are describing, your use of terminology does not make sense to me.

Carburetors are only connected to the exhaust by the engine itself, cannot imagine what your describing, do you have a picture?

A header pipe is from the exhaust manifold on the front of the engine leads to the muffler.
    Carburetors are behind the engine connected with two manifolds to the air box and the engine.
    These are on opposite sides of the engine, the connection between the carburetor and exhaust is the engine.

3. #3 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Agree with MJH, some pictures of the problem would be really useful. You are fortunate in that a lot has been written in this forum about the Yingang 250, even though there are not many MCM members who are riding that brand. Use advanced search and you'll find really excellent threads with posts by ChinaV and futianshenzhen. Unfortunately, a lot of ChinaV's early picture links are broken.

Anyway, welcome to MyChinaMoto, and do keep us posted about how you get on with the repairs.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    Quote Originally Posted by bussa1 View Post
    Unfortunately the header pipe that connects the carberautor to the muffler broke off.
    In my part of the world, the part that connects carb and muffler on 4T engine is called engine head.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #5 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes it is just the pipe that attaches the muffler to where the exhaust comes out of the engine in the front here are some pictures. 2012-06-20 20.31.10.jpg2012-06-20 20.31.22.jpg2012-06-20 20.31.30.jpg2012-06-20 20.31.45.jpg

6. #6 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    C-Moto Noob
    The first two pictures are where it is supposed to attach to the engine. The middle one is of the engine itself *this pipe is supposed to come out of the right side and wrap around to the left of the engine to connect to the muffler. The bottom is where it unhinged from the muffler. I might just need a whole exhaust system. Any comments would help thanks!

7. #7 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Looks like all you need is an exhaust pipe to replace the old one. Any shop that does motorcycle mufflers should be able to find one in their stock that could be bent and tweaked to fit. If you can't find an ersatz or junkyard pipe to fit, you can surely order the stock part from Yingang or Taobao here in China.

Here's a set of Yingang pipes, but these are for a 125/150. You describe your bike as an enduro. Is it the same model as the fabled bike now owned by
    futianshenzhen? If so, he can surely let you know how to work with Yingang, since they've rebuilt his bike twice over.

What the hell happened to the old exhaust pipe? Did someone steal it?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #8 Re: Yingang Dirt Bike Parts 
    Hey,

just saw your post, do you still need a hook up? I can put you in direct contact with the factory if you still need your part. They are great to deal with and will ship stuff out very fast. I just deposit cash in their account and parts are shipped the same day....