Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: MZ lives

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: MZ lives 
    Thanks!

One interesting thing with MZ riders is that they rarely mod their bikes. On the other hand, MZs does not need modding or fiddling. They are designed perfect in the factory and nothing needs to be changed in them. That's why herecy like in the pic below can leave one wondering what the hell is this

2. #12 Re: MZ lives 
    Never registered? Being sold in the dead of winter?

Call your local government office and ask what you need to get plates registered, it should be grandfathered for emissions of the year it was built. The fact it was never registered is very suspicious, but maybe it was only used on private land or only for off-road?

The person has to have proof that they own it, that is commonly referred to as a title. Registrations is the common term referred to for plating, if they have no title then that would be suspicious as that is typically done by the retailer/dealer that sells it. I doubt that MZ was drop shipping in Finland in 1986, factories offer manufacturer statements of origin to dealers that then convert that to a title through a local government agency then they give the title to the owner with their name on it.

When you buy a bike for cash you get a title and that is used to get it registered, if you financed you do not get a title the bank holds it, the bank give you a memorandum title and payment book. The titles are used to ensure it is free of liens against it, titling is typically separated from registration which is only to get plates to ride it on public roads.

If it does not have a title that is free and clear of liens…it is not worth as much as it would be with a title, without a title it cannot be registered and can only be ridden off road.

They may have a different system in Finland….but I doubt it.

3. #13 Re: MZ lives 
    The bikes were very popular...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_DMULymDA&NR=1

4. #14 Re: MZ lives 
    A person could buy a bike with financing and then not be able to make the payments, then it gets repossessed but not if it gets sent to a friends farm? No title can mean allot of things, simply lost is the most common excuse, but if it was once registered then getting a replacement title is easy, but if not then impossible as with out some linage of proof it could have been stolen and they will not offer a replacement title without some proof of ownership once registered proof exist of a title that would have been needed to get registered in the first place.

5. #15 Re: MZ lives 
    C-Moto Guru
    Ah, MZ... "My" first motorcycle. Well, it was my dad's. ETZ151. The dream bike then was ETZ251. Not this blue ETZ250!

Don't know how old are these "concepts", but Gas Gas no longer manufacture this engine (which, by the way, is based on the Suzuki DRZ engine). They have switched to Yamaha WR engines these days.

About a decade ago, MZ were making some really nice bikes, like Baghira and 1000s (and their variations). I'm still waiting to see if they'll come up with something clever again. So far, they've gone till scooters only...

6. #16 Re: MZ lives 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I found brand new MZ ETZ 250 from year 1986 for sale in Finland!

Needless to say I emailed the seller at once

Getting that bike would be like winning in lottery.

the same colour and year as my first bike only lacking the hepco-becker rack and cases and the fact that this one has the nva satless..... dam i miss that bike best handling bike ive ever had execpt in a crosswind. Can't we get one of the chinese manufacturers to do one with a 450 4stroke eec approved a sale price of 1500 to 2000dollars ... i know im dreaming

7. #17 Re: MZ lives 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    One interesting thing with MZ riders is that they rarely mod their bikes. On the other hand, MZs does not need modding or fiddling. They are designed perfect in the factory and nothing needs to be changed in them. That's why herecy like in the pic below can leave one wondering what the hell is this
    It could be said that the MZ is very rational design. It's hard to considerably improve something, without extensive modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The bikes were very popular...
    Still ARE, "after all these years".

Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Ah, MZ... "My" first motorcycle.
    I expected you to say that you started with a 50cc Balkan or something similar.

Right away on MZ - it seems that you were very progressive kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    About a decade ago, MZ were making some really nice bikes, like Baghira and 1000s (and their variations).
    Also new "Reichstyp" 125, with MZ's original LC DOHC engine, from whom I expect to continue the MZ's tradition MZ's after the collapse of the DDR.

Quote Originally Posted by skou View Post
    Can't we get one of the chinese manufacturers to do one with a 450 4stroke eec approved a sale price of 1500 to 2000dollars ... i know im dreaming
    IMO, in the multitude of nearly identical Chinese commuter bikes, some motorcycle that repeates aesthetics of ETZ model, would be interesting to many riders who remember bikes "auf Zschopau".
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #18 Re: MZ lives 
    Speaking of old and exotic motorcycle brands from Eastern Europe: lives also Hungarian "Danuvia" - http://www.danuvia.hu/

Danuvia Nova

Danuvia SupeRetro

Pannon szépség!
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #19 Re: MZ lives 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Speaking of old and exotic motorcycle brands from Eastern Europe: lives also Hungarian "Danuvia" - http://www.danuvia.hu/

Danuvia Nova

Pannon szépség!
    This looks awesome. I very much like the strong shapes on it. Sup with the exhaust pipe?

Man, that bike would be totally great toy.

10. #20 Re: MZ lives 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    I expected you to say that you started with a 50cc Balkan or something similar.
    Right away on MZ - it seems that you were very progressive kid.
    I couldn't get a hold of my grandfathers Balkan. Plus he got himself Simson S51

That Hungarian supermoto looks really nice! It's KTM engine there, isn't it?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast