Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Thanks, Bikerdoc!

I was unable to find that Anan 安安 brand on Taobao, but found something that is nearly identical -- so much so that it's hard to which is a copy of which! This site has "men's" and "women's" styles, as well as anti-ultraviolet bar muffs for keeping your hands untanned in summer!

T1jfcVXetbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Kayayers call these pogies.

ww_gloves_pogies_1.jpg

One word of caution: adding these bar muffs to a scooter or motorcycle adds a few cm to the overall width of the bars on both sides, which means you need to be more careful when passing other riders. I say this because I was knocked off my bicycle in Shanghai when a guy who had just installed new muffs on his scooter nicked my handlebar with his muff while overtaking me from behind. I was down in a millisecond, and knocked unconscious when my head hit the concrete curb. Fortunately the guy had a conscience and stopped to help.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #52 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Thanks, Bikerdoc!

I was unable to find that Anan 安安 brand on Taobao, but found something that is nearly identical -- so much so that it's hard to which is a copy of which! This site has "men's" and "women's" styles, as well as anti-ultraviolet bar muffs for keeping your hands untanned in summer!

T1jfcVXetbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Kayayers call these pogies.

ww_gloves_pogies_1.jpg

One word of caution: adding these bar muffs to a scooter or motorcycle adds a few cm to the overall width of the bars on both sides, which means you need to be more careful when passing other riders. I say this because I was knocked off my bicycle in Shanghai when a guy who had just installed new muffs on his scooter nicked my handlebar with his muff while overtaking me from behind. I was down in a millisecond, and knocked unconscious when my head hit the concrete curb. Fortunately the guy had a conscience and stopped to help.

cheers!
    Handel bar muffs are the invention of the devil,and should be avoided at all costs,,, I would sooner ride a an old jawa two stroke then use them,,,frozen hands are nothing compared to the the abuse you WILL get using them...Mark my words "nothing good will come of them" and I bet you wear white socks" Please,please think how your friends and family will feel... yes think of the children,,,do,nt do it For THEM!!!!!!

3. #53 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Handel bar muffs are the invention of the devil,and should be avoided at all costs,,, I would sooner ride a an old jawa two stroke then use them,,,frozen hands are nothing compared to the the abuse you WILL get using them...Mark my words "nothing good will come of them" and I bet you wear white socks" Please,please think how your friends and family will feel... yes think of the children,,,do,nt do it For THEM!!!!!!
    Haha. I live in China where people don't wear hats in -10c because they think it is unfashionable. I also use bar mits below +3c. I'll let these other people come to their own fashion derived 'sheeple' opinion of whose the idiot.

4. #54 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Haha. I live in China where people don't wear hats in -10c because they think it is unfashionable. I also use bar mits below +3c. I'll let these other people come to their own fashion derived 'sheeple' opinion of whose the idiot.
    Do you have mitts that fit over hand guards? I don't recall whether your RR had barkbusters, but I think not...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #55 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    No just bar mits, no barkbusters. Cheap 15 yuan bar mits. I hate them but they do the job. In minus 5-10 your chin, toes and hands get abused by the cold so badly, it'd the only way, except maybe snowmobile gloves or heated grips.

6. #56 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    No just bar mits, no barkbusters. Cheap 15 yuan bar mits. I hate them but they do the job. In minus 5-10 your chin, toes and hands get abused by the cold so badly, it'd the only way, except maybe snowmobile gloves or heated grips.
    Idiot or no Idiot I know h/grips will not keep your hands warm,,,,,,,,,,,

7. #57 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    i've baught a set of heated grips but i've found occassionally putting my hands in the fairing gap where the rear two cylinders are to warm my hands up are perfect until i fit the grips.

Kennon
    Last edited by Kennon; 04-25-2013 at 09:22 PM.

8. #58 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Come on Mr Hunter,,,Whats up with the bike,,,please tell me it running reliably and you have no probs!!!!! No excuses,,we need an update,,(or I do anyway) all the best

9. #59 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    just seen this on the japanese Kawasaki website just reminded me of your 650NK
    its a ER-4n sleeved down to 400cc to meet japanese license requirements.
    Kawasaki ER-4n Black & Red.jpg
    Kennon

10. #60 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Mr Ghosthunter, I was interested to read your blog having recently got a CF myself, thanks for sharing. I was interested to see you notes on running in service intervals. As soon as I got my paperwork I noticed that the intervals in the service/warranty book didn't match those in the handbook. I queried it with my dealer and he advised going with the handbook intervals at 500 miles then 1000. I'm looking forward to forward to being able to run the bike out to 6000rpm from the 500 to 1000 mile service, I'm guessing that you can get a much better road speed at those RPMS?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast