Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Ten days ago (16/01/2013) I bid a tearless farewell to my Jetmax 250i, and to take its place a WK650i rolled off the back of the delivery van. I must admit it looks the business. Unfortunately it was late afternoon and night was drawing in, and it started to snow . Damn! Darkness and snow... I quickly got into my gear and went out for a ride, after all I couldn't just wrap my new toy up...

First impressions were good, smooth engine, plenty of power and a decent headlight. The snow was really coming down, best head home - managed to get 20 miles in...... I couldn't dry it off and had to leave it at the mercy of the elements.

Next day I duly removed the snow, and gave it a good hose down to remove the salt it picked up from the road, nice dry with old towels and a leaf blower, then on with the cover (neighbours must have thought I lost the plot)..

No riding until 6 days later when the road surfaces where gritted and safer, took it to work and back, temp was at best 0deg, and the bike didn't falter.... When I got home I quickly hosed it down again and good drying before the cover went on..

Snow, ice, freezing temps until today. So I thought I would take some pics and start my blog.

My first job today was to fit a battery charge lead, and I have ordered some heated grips and a chain oiler.

Wish me luck guys with my new WK650... I will post regularly and hopefully give an insight on whats its like to live with.

1 bike_left.jpg2 bike_right.jpg3 charge_lead.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.