Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Ten days ago (16/01/2013) I bid a tearless farewell to my Jetmax 250i, and to take its place a WK650i rolled off the back of the delivery van. I must admit it looks the business. Unfortunately it was late afternoon and night was drawing in, and it started to snow . Damn! Darkness and snow... I quickly got into my gear and went out for a ride, after all I couldn't just wrap my new toy up...

First impressions were good, smooth engine, plenty of power and a decent headlight. The snow was really coming down, best head home - managed to get 20 miles in...... I couldn't dry it off and had to leave it at the mercy of the elements.

Next day I duly removed the snow, and gave it a good hose down to remove the salt it picked up from the road, nice dry with old towels and a leaf blower, then on with the cover (neighbours must have thought I lost the plot)..

No riding until 6 days later when the road surfaces where gritted and safer, took it to work and back, temp was at best 0deg, and the bike didn't falter.... When I got home I quickly hosed it down again and good drying before the cover went on..

Snow, ice, freezing temps until today. So I thought I would take some pics and start my blog.

My first job today was to fit a battery charge lead, and I have ordered some heated grips and a chain oiler.

Wish me luck guys with my new WK650... I will post regularly and hopefully give an insight on whats its like to live with.

1 bike_left.jpg2 bike_right.jpg3 charge_lead.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.

2. #2 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    more pics
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 03-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.

3. #3 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    These look like they have alot of potential! I see them on the CFMoto US site, but not sure if the are available here, yet. Congrats on the new bike, and thank you for being the proverbial Guinnea pig

4. #4 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    A bit of brake cleaner on the disc brakes and pads will clean that up and reduce contamination of the surface, anything not to do with stoppping or moving apply ACF50 to those that seem to be easily affected by the uk winter.

Kennon

5. #5 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Congrats of your bike.

Haven't seen ever that big rusting issues, especially on a new bike.

6. #6 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Grit salt is horrible, perhaps its a way to slowly get rid of old rusty cars in England by further accelerating a early retirement for vehicles in a bid to keep spending on the up.

Kennon

7. #7 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Mr Hunter,,,, I,m sorrry to hear of the demise of the Jetmax,,,I myself and me did also consider a CF 650,,but in the end bought a Honda NC700X,, I never really made the choice between the 2 bikes,,,the technology of the Honda just shone though..Regarding corrosion,,I have not had time to clean my bike since I bought in Nov (Yes I know,,I,m a lazy git) I have no corrosion whatsoever ..Still I like the colour of your bike,,I hope for you ,,you have better luck then with the Jetmax.....all the best....

8. #8 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    I got mine about 2 weeks ago and notice rust on the welded mounting brackets on the fuel tank when the dealer was showing the bike to me and he said they have arranged a new one, but also when i filled it up the other day I noticed that the paint in the filler neck was frying up / pealing, but my biggest concern is your bike going to be the one to watch as you are in a more wet climate and other bikes will follow the corosion that yours has?

9. #9 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Ghost Hunter, thanks for taking the plunge on a CFMoto, we are all keen to see how things pan out. The rust should be expected, rust like this is a problem on the Chinese made Yamaha YBRs too, corner cutting in galvanizing. Chinese hate 'throwing their money away' on things like R&D and adequate lighting, so your bike will probably have the rust attracting potential of an 80's Alpha Romeo. Don't get me wrong your bike is probably one of the best they've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by lipsee
    Hi Mr Hunter,,,, I,m sorrry to hear of the demise of the Jetmax,,,I myself and me did also consider a CF 650,,but in the end bought a Honda NC700X,, I never really made the choice between the 2 bikes,,,the technology of the Honda just shone though..Regarding corrosion,,I have not had time to clean my bike since I bought in Nov (Yes I know,,I,m a lazy git) I have no corrosion whatsoever ..Still I like the colour of your bike,,I hope for you ,,you have better luck then with the Jetmax.....all the best....
    Honda 2013 CB500 would have been my choice new, but the NC700 can be scooped up for very reasonable prices 2nd hand. Wish I had your choice in China. Like you would have bought a Honda.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 01-28-2013 at 01:57 AM.

10. #10 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Ghost Hunter, thanks for taking the plunge on a CFMoto, we are all keen to see how things pan out. The rust should be expected, rust like this is a problem on the Chinese made Yamaha YBRs too, corner cutting in galvanizing. Chinese hate 'throwing their money away' on things like R&D and adequate lighting, so your bike will probably have the rust attracting potential of an 80's Alpha Romeo. Don't get me wrong your bike is probably one of the best they've ever made.

Honda 2013 CB500 would have been my choice new, but the NC700 can be scooped up for very reasonable prices 2nd hand. Wish I had your choice in China. Like you would have bought a Honda.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I never saw the CB until after I bought ,but honestly it would not have affected my choice..I always like the idea of low down torque and good fuel economy,and the handling ain,t bad either,so all in all I,m best pleased...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,Regarding the said Cf moto 650,,perhaps Mr Hunter should think about a trip to "All year biker" and get the bike coated with ACF50 fluid,,,its very good corrosive barrier... Allyearbiker have agents all over the place..
    http://allyearbiker.co.uk/How_to_-_Apply_ACF50.html

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast