Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    My dealer really stepped up to the plate and sorted me a new WK650i / CFmoto 650NK prepped and delivered within a week. I cannot fault his customer service, and I would recommend him as a dealer to anyone.
    TOP MARKS TO YOU SIR

Bone_Dry_1.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 03-25-2013 at 07:25 PM.

2. #12 Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    My new bike arrived today.
    Stay tuned for my blog.
    I may even get started this time

1_crate.jpg2_frame.jpg3_frame.jpg4_left.jpg5_right.jpg

3. #13 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Few more pics.

6_angle.jpg7_front.jpg

Battle scar from crate/transport

8_battle scar.jpg

4. #14 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    What happened to your first 650i?

Kennon

5. #15 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    What happened to your first 650i?

Kennon
    Water pump decided to divert the coolant to the tarmac (deja vu my jetmax), emptied in an instant. Engine was glowing by the time I stopped.........

6. #16 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Water pump decided to divert the coolant to the tarmac (deja vu my jetmax), emptied in an instant. Engine was glowing by the time I stopped.........
    so this is a replacement to the rusty one? and it is now leaking collant

7. #17 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by bezinga1 View Post
    so this is a replacement to the rusty one? and it is now leaking collant
    Yes this is a replacement for the rusty one. It was also the rusty one that dropped all its coolant. Not bad going for a bike two weeks old....
    I haven't had a chance to ride the black one yet - just arrived today.

8. #18 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Wirral,

Really admire your resilience and good humor about this string of lemons. This must be infuriating to the importers, who probably also were swayed by the good reviews and placed a substantial financial bet on this bike and CFMoto/Chunfeng as a manufacturer. Over here in China, guys like you who complain about quality just get taken out back and shot -- how's that for quality control? -- so it's fantastic that these bikes are being subject to real world quality controls at the hands of lads like you in a country with a free press.

OK, I was kidding about them shooting people. China is starting to have rambunctious user forums where lemons get trashed for all to see, but we are not yet seeing fast, proactive and public responses from the manufacturers, who probably just take some unfortunate employee out back and shoot them when the complaints come in.

Anyway, they say sunlight is the best disinfectant, so shine as much light on this bike, and your experience, and the so-far honorable service provided by your importer/dealer so that people can evaluate the overall experience of this bike based on facts. Sorry that you are the crash test dummy, but you are handling the trauma well. I'd be getting right pissed by the third lemon in a row, and I admire your sobriety and balance in reporting your experience.

Thanks for that, and keep it coming! Four's a charm!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    WGH, I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced with all but the last CFmoto-bike. Not a good sign at all. I'm only guessing that perhaps in all haste CFMoto has dropped the ball seriously in terms of QC/QA perhaps in ramping up the production numbers to meet demand created by favourable reviews. At least that's all I can think of unless in that haste CFMoto might have started outsourcing some of the production to third parties, with likely even poorer QC/QA systems. With such a diverse portfolio, better than average reviews (for Chinese made motorcycle/ATV/UTV products), and increasing access into new markets, it's likely that CFMoto have ramped up the number of employees in all haste and it's probable that both training and product knowledge haven't been to the level of the past. Added to that the increasing pressures employers are facing to both recruit, train and retain staff in mainland China, it's likely another contributing factor to poor QC/QA outcomes. This is becoming a major issue in China currently.

This is all conjecture though on my part. If things are failing in terms of CFMoto products, then I'm sure dealers globally will by nature via feedback mechanisms exert pressure on the parent company, hopefully leading to positive improvement. I'd be curious to know what conversation your dealer has been having with CFMoto in China, and how those conversation are being received. CFMoto prides itself on spending/investing 30% in R&D. But who knows about that as it is still fundamentally a Chinese company with all the inherent philosophical failures therein.

WGH you know my personal views on CFMoto products and indeed an attitude I'm not discriminatory about, as I feel all Chinese products (and even services) share the same fundamental QC/QA problems. I have had my share of little issues with my CFMoto bikes, but they have been minor annoyances. On the Jetmax, CFMoto were quick to replace numerous items via a recall a month or so into ownership before I was even aware there were problems. That had been reassuring to a large degree. I've done substantial amount of mods to my Jetmax, some minor, some a little more involved - 50,000km and counting. None of the issues you'd had with yours. None of those Jetmax's that I know owned here have suffered the same fate as yours.

Drop me some info via PM or email, as I mentioned in our last communication (along with any photos of the failures), and I will make some calls after the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival to my CFMoto contacts on your behalf. If nothing else, the message might filter up to the person that matters. I can only try, because I'd like to see at least one real motorcycle manufacturer in China, get it right.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 02-07-2013 at 02:16 PM.

10. #20 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast