Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    My new bike arrived today.
    Stay tuned for my blog.
    I may even get started this time

Attachment 10086Attachment 10087Attachment 10088Attachment 10089Attachment 10090
    I,d love to buy a "bike in a box" like that a real virgin bike!!!,,,Jeezes Ghoust I hope this ones a goodun for your sake...WKs HQ is not far from where I live,,,,any problems you could come over and we could pop round and "duff em up"

2. #22 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    I live in China. The Haojue Suzuki GW250 has just risen to the no1 on my bike shopping list. I said I'd never buy another China bike, for a moment there I was going to ignore my own advice and go with that bigger engine........

3. #23 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I live in China. The Haojue Suzuki GW250 has just risen to the no1 on my bike shopping list. I said I'd never buy another China bike, for a moment there I was going to ignore my own advice and go with that bigger engine........
    "Never say Never"

4. #24 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Sorry to hear about the problems of the first one hopefully the black one will do you fine.

Kennon

5. #25 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Its still raining, but I thought I would tend to a couple of jobs on my new bike. Today was the fist time I was able to take off the bike cover since it arrived.

I don't like working in the rain , so I pushed out my beloved cruiser and wheeled in the 650 (still partly covered). First job on the agenda, was to fit a battery charging lead. I did this on the last one and ended up leaving it on because of the meltdown and prompt transport back to the importers.. Any how easy job, and I can tuck it out of the way when not in use.

If you are following my blog, you will know how quickly the rust bug takes hold of these bikes. Kennon and lipsee recommend ACF50, and I duly purchased a 500ml bottle and pump from ebay.

I really want to give this bike the best start in life, so off with the seats and on with the job of spraying the magical fluid. This stuff protects battleships, jet fighters, submarines, oil rigs... I hope it can work it's magic on my bike.. I'll let you know shortly

I was working in the cramped confines of my garage, so pictures are not too good, but managed to keep the rain off, and get very good spray coverage. I made sure I got into all the nooks and crannies..

I will reapply this again when the weather dries up, but it has had a baptism ACF50 style.

I think the fluid would benefit from being warmed up, and this is exactly what I will do next time around.

The supplied pump works very well, if you haven't seen one, the pump itself sits on top of the canister, five to ten pumps after it creates a nice spray pattern. The spray came out rather thick, I will let you know how it performs once warmed up.

Long story short, two canisters was all that was needed to cover everything, so I still have plenty left.

Here are some pics...
    1_batt_lead.jpg2_batt_lead_fitted.jpg3_acf_50.jpg4_pump.jpg5_pump_attached.jpg

6. #26 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 

7. #27 Re: Long live WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Last two, headstock switches & linkages. Also gave the tank filler assembly the treatment.

11_tank_filler.jpg12_headstock.jpg

8. #28 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    I purchased the Tutoro chain oiling system. I decided to go for the maxi kit with brackets, dual oiler and other bits and bobs. I will need to have a think about the fitting location, and I will post the results here. Going to wait for some drier and warmer weather first...

Here's some pics for now...

13_tutoro_box.jpg14_tutoro_open.jpg15_tutoro_contents.jpg

9. #29 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    good to see your giving her a good start to life, I own a spanish bike so its pretty prone to rust appearing when i found ACF 50 it made things allot easier to keep on top of.

Kennon

10. #30 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Ghost,,,,Its good to see you kept your mojo during the trials and tribultions of the last couple of months of your chinese bike experience.. Now to business,,you cannot treat this bike like a jap bike,,it really has to be kept under cover,if your garge is full of Stuff !!! then get a cover,,I put on a micro cloth over my bike then the cover to save from scratching...ACF50 is a good idea,,many bikers use it,,,I go cheaper and alot messer option of using spray chain grease or spray oil directly on the bike during particuly salty days..and leave until spring(cos I am a lazy git).....Another thing I would "run this bike in" the old fashioned way,by keeping the revs down and not straining the engine at all..NO BURN OUTS !!! maybe changing the spark plugs to NGK,,,my old Bashan dirt bike ran better for that....The chain oiler is a good idea,but take time fitting so you hide all the tubes ,,otherwise they end up looking like a dogs breakfast,,,, I tried to post a pics of me and my Honda NC,,,but it was too big,,,I will try later!!!!,,bear in mind you saved 2 grand,,by going chinese regards Philip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast