Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Another thing change the oil,,,I use castrol gtx do,nt use supermarket shit or baby oil (do you know how many babies per pint?)

2. #32 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    I purchased the Tutoro chain oiling system. I decided to go for the maxi kit with brackets, dual oiler and other bits and bobs. I will need to have a think about the fitting location, and I will post the results here. Going to wait for some drier and warmer weather first...
    Will be waiting for pics! Haven't ever seen that kind of lubrication done.

3. #33 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Just a quick post which I will expand on later with some pics..
    I've used the 650NK now for a few days. So based on that I can report that the bike fire's up first time, the engine is super smooth and has plenty of torque from idle. The gearbox change is silky smooth as well. Now the manual tells me to keep under 4K rpm while running in, this I am doing with great difficulty, as the engine wants more.. Any how on my limit of 4K rpm, I can do a tad over 60mph on the motorway - not bad going at all... I cant wait to wind her up to near 10K The fuel consumption is looking good at 45mpg (imperial) - heres a link to my fuelly if you are interested http://www.fuelly.com/driver/camaroz...i-cfmoto-650nk
    The riding position is perfect for me, and I'm surprised that the seat is so comfy. The handling is lightning quick, I hope it stays this way when used a enthusiastically.
    I havent pushed the brakes, but so far they do a decent job.
    The first service is sheduled for a lowly 250miles, then the second at 500 miles, are CFmoto nurturing their product, or are they unsure about reliability? I wonder if this is an importer based requirement, would be interesting to find out what the service intervals are from other countries.
    Am I happy with the bike? Well errr. errr... yes, so far.....
    If I didn't have the issues with the previous bikes, I would be banging on how great this ride is. BUT - I've seen the dark side of CFmoto bikes.. So as the miles pile on, I will log them here and keep you guys updated.
    There is one irritating thing though.... Well there had to be one
    It's the mudguards/fenders/hugger - The front one sends all the water and debri right up the engine and radiator, and I guess any other nooks and crannies at the front, at times giving me a sauna experience, while the rear can flick everything in a nice staight line over the back of the bike and me.. Dont ask me how it manages it - but it does.
    Perhaps an extender on the front will help calm matters, but I haven't a clue how to tackle the rear... Has anyone tried a Kawa er6n fender extender fix on their 650NK, or in fact any other solution? Are there any universal fender extenders for the front and rear that would do the job?

Ride safe guys...
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 02-15-2013 at 01:02 PM.

4. #34 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    4000 rpm limit running in? That can't be right, some people will tell you it probably do more long term harm to the rings than good to the engine, I'd personally take it halfway to the red line before first oil change at 50 miles and three quarters throttle until oil change again at 1000 miles. Or follow the Kawasaki ER6 handbook!

Enjoy, and good luck!

5. #35 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Just a quick post which I will expand on later with some pics..
    I've used the 650NK now for a few days. So based on that I can report that the bike fire's up first time, the engine is super smooth and has plenty of torque from idle. The gearbox change is silky smooth as well. Now the manual tells me to keep under 4K rpm while running in, this I am doing with great difficulty, as the engine wants more.. Any how on my limit of 4K rpm, I can do a tad over 60mph on the motorway - not bad going at all... I cant wait to wind her up to near 10K The fuel consumption is looking good at 45mpg (imperial) - heres a link to my fuelly if you are interested http://www.fuelly.com/driver/camaroz...i-cfmoto-650nk
    The riding position is perfect for me, and I'm surprised that the seat is so comfy. The handling is lightning quick, I hope it stays this way when used a enthusiastically.
    I havent pushed the brakes, but so far they do a decent job.
    The first service is sheduled for a lowly 250miles, then the second at 500 miles, are CFmoto nurturing their product, or are they unsure about reliability? I wonder if this is an importer based requirement, would be interesting to find out what the service intervals are from other countries.
    Am I happy with the bike? Well errr. errr... yes, so far.....
    If I didn't have the issues with the previous bikes, I would be banging on how great this ride is. BUT - I've seen the dark side of CFmoto bikes.. So as the miles pile on, I will log them here and keep you guys updated.
    There is one irritating thing though.... Well there had to be one
    It's the mudguards/fenders/hugger - The front one sends all the water and debri right up the engine and radiator, and I guess any other nooks and crannies at the front, at times giving me a sauna experience, while the rear can flick everything in a nice staight line over the back of the bike and me.. Dont ask me how it manages it - but it does.
    Perhaps an extender on the front will help calm matters, but I haven't a clue how to tackle the rear... Has anyone tried a Kawa er6n fender extender fix on their 650NK, or in fact any other solution? Are there any universal fender extenders for the front and rear that would do the job?

Ride safe guys...
    Hi there Ghost I would not stick religiously to 4000 rpm ,,i would set a moderate limit but more important do not put much strain on the motor.. The service intervals sound pretty low to me ,like the man says "Do like a kawa 650" Regarding the shit getting thrown all the bike you are in good company cus just the same happens to me,Front and back,,,Last thing KEEP IT CLEAN.....

6. #36 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Hey ZMC888 & lipsee,
    Thanks for you input, I have found the owners manual for the Kawa er6n, and guess what.... They also say to not exceed 4K during break in... Look like CFmoto copied their running in procedure too....

Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Regarding the shit getting thrown all the bike you are in good company cus just the same happens to me,Front and back,,,Last thing KEEP IT CLEAN.....
    Hey buddy, good to know I'm not alone lol...

Shiny side up guys...

er6n.jpg

7. #37 Tutoro Automatic Chain Oiler 
    My 650i went in for it's first service a week or so ago, 250miles on the dot. When I went to pick it up, I was expecting the usual hong kong phooey remarks.... Not so, positive comments, one even said, you'll have some good fun with that... Has this bike passed the mechanics approval I wonder....
    Any how, I have been riding as per Kawasaki er6n running in directions. The bike hasn't let me down, fires up first time and rides like a dream - touch wood!
    Shes approaching the 500 mile marker, and as today was warm and sunny (for a British March) I decided to fit my Tutoro Auto Chain Oiler. As lipsee has correctly observed, some chain oiler installs leave a little to be desired.
    I approached the task in hand with a stealth install mindset.. I removed the parts necessary to get access to the hidden inner workings of the bike - well the chain guard anyway....
    I purchased the kit with both single and dual oiler nozzles, and went to try them in location.... Damn, the dual squirter wont fit............... There is just no way that it can sit where it needs to, the actual reach between the nozzles isn't enough - good job I have the single...

1_ChainGuardOff.jpg6_DualOiler.jpg7_SingleOiler.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 03-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.

8. #38 Re: Tutoro Automatic Chain Oiler 
    Next, find a nice location for the oil reservoir... Easy peasy... The bracket comes with the kit along with the cable ties.. Now these look like heavy duty ties, bit stiff, so into a cup of hot water to soften them up. Five minutes later - bracket is on.

2_FittingLocation.jpg3_ClipsWarm.jpg4_BracketOn.jpg5_BracketOnLong.jpg

9. #39 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Next I give the swing-arm a good clean, using some methylated spirit to gently remove any oil & grease. I also carefully cut the single nozzle from square to slash angle. This then gets inserted into the delivery arm - quick dip in hot water makes this job easier. Now working from the rear sprocket, I start to trace the tubing. The tubing clips are self adhesive, and I start my route towards the reservoir..

8_SingleOilerSlash.jpg9_DelTubeRoute.jpg10_DeliveryClips.jpg11_DelivArm.jpg

10. #40 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    The delivery arm is constructed in such a way that it is easy to position the nozzle just where needed. A small cable clip supplies a little more security.

12_DelivArmLoc.jpg13_OilDrop.jpg

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast