Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Nearly there... Next attach the reservoir and fill with the special oil. - and now prime the system..

14_OilRes.jpg15_OilIn.jpg

2. #42 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Job done!
    Tidy up, and admire. Tomorrow I will take her out so that I can calibrate the flow rate. All in all, everything is nicely hidden. I'll let you guys know how it performs and follow up reviews...
    Ride safe.

15_RearView.jpg16_Finish.jpg

3. #43 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    very nice mod there can hardly see it in the last picture tell us how you get on with it.

Kennon

4. #44 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    My bike is due for it's second service (1000miles) in a couple of days. I have ridden it as per the manual.
    Strange thing though, yesterday we were hit with a cold snap, in the morning the bike started first time, but the lights wouldn't turn on and the right indicator wouldn't work. I'll put this down to a fluke, as later in the day both operated as they should, perhaps some frozen moisture was the problem????
    Other than that, the bike is running like a charm..
    I cant wait to start using some of its potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    very nice mod there can hardly see it in the last picture tell us how you get on with it.

Kennon
    Cheers buddy, I'm pretty pleased how it turned out

5. #45 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    hmm how odd maybe just a one time electrical gremlin but who knows, not liking this cold snap at all but will enjoy picking up my new bike this weekend, what do you use to keep warm I have winter gloves but now i'm thinking off investing in heated grips.

Kennon

6. #46 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    heated grips are great, but the handle bar muffs are pretty good too IMO, and I like them for when there's rain, as they keep gloved hands dry even in pretty heavy downpours. It's also possible to find heated gloves, that use a small battery tucked away in a small portion of the glove near the wrist. There's quite a few offerings in China...

7. #47 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    With my Tonda I have heated grips,,,, Barkbuster handguards,,, and Alpinestars heated gloves....my hands now stay reasonably warm at a total cost of wait for it £400 !!! yeah I know

8. #48 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    heated grips are great, but the handle bar muffs are pretty good too IMO, and I like them for when there's rain, as they keep gloved hands dry even in pretty heavy downpours. It's also possible to find heated gloves, that use a small battery tucked away in a small portion of the glove near the wrist. There's quite a few offerings in China...
    Say, Bikerdoc, can you post an image or two of your pogies (aka bar muffs)?

thanks!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #49 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post

thanks!
    No problem, will get a couple of photos of one of the pairs I still have wrapped up sitting on the shelf, which I bought at a motorcycle warehouse type shop in the QianDaoHu township. The handlebar muffs are bigger than the standard ones found round these parts, and are devoid of the imitation animal hair and vinyl. I bought several pairs when I stumbled across them (along with a handful of other hard-to-come-by miscellaneous items). The pairs that I have used (had 3 pairs on different bikes through the wintry seasons) have lasted 2-3 seasons now, and I've just this past week taken a pair of my AN650K7 and they are in good condition. Have put them in the storage under the seat for the time being, until weather warms consistently then I'll wash them and retire them for another season, ready for next winter. Always good to have a pair stowed though and "on hand" for the occasional rain storm though.

Give me a day or two to get photos and upload them here.
    :)

10. #50 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post

thanks!
    Here you go Euphonius, I am a little late in posting, but got there in the end. Hope the photos demonstrate what I think are better than the ordinary handlebar muffs commonly found round these parts and beyond. If one looks carefully at the other pair (vinyl with red graphic stripe and fake fur), the other pair are wider in the bend and overall roomier inside, meaning I can wear full gloves without too much cramping. The vinyl pair I need to wear thin gloves only. As previously posted, I bought several pairs of the larger "ANAN" muffs in QianDaoHu township at and just after the main intersection (traffic lights) proceeding thru town on the right (a couple doors beside the motorcycle shop). I have actually been buying all types of bits and bobs from that shop for 3-4 years and these days I can call them up, order what I want, put money into the bosses bank account (a woman) and she'll send them out. The ANAN pair in the pics I have used now for two seasons so they are a little grubby (dirt) but they wash well. I carry a pair on my bikes at all times, even in the summer for that occasional unexpected downpour. Great way to keep hands and gloves, dry (and warm in winter). I have a pair in NZ (OXFORD brand) but they are really big and bulky and even though made from better materials with more protective features, the OXFORD branded muffs are more cumbersome. I wished I could have had the ANAN pair when I was last back in NZ. Planning on taking a pair back with me next trip.

The only issue I see with any muffs is using them on a bike with hand guards. That would present a challenge. YMMV.

Handlebar_muffs_1.jpg
    Top pic shows inside comparison between ANAN and vinyl pair

Handlebar_muffs_2.jpg
    Note the altogether roomier area in the bend

Handlebar_muffs_3.jpg
    ANAN pair use a cord for tying, the vinyl use velcro

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast