Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hello guys,
    Its been a while since I've been online here, one of those occasions where life overtakes everything. I've visited a couple of times and - bang- offline again to sort things out. I have to catch up on some replies, but before I do.... quick update on my 650....
    In April my ECU started throwing up a weird code... Cant remember what it was, I think it was 2 slow 15 fast (I'm not sure, but will check out my emails to the dealer). I must point out though, that the bike didn't seem to be suffering from this
    Any how, true to form and great after sales support - my dealer helped to analyze the codes (they where not listed in the manual)...
    He sent me instructions on a ignition throttle twist combinations, thinking it was a service reset that wasn't carried out... NO FIX!
    Next check all wires connected properly - I did this (best I could) - NO FIX!
    As there are no duly equipped service centers near me, he send me out his ECU tester with instructions to reset and read the ECU... - NO FIX!
    But it did read 32 faults - yes that's right 32 faults!
    OK to cut a long story short - he sends me out a new ECU - NO QUIBBLE (great support)...
    Swap over was easy, although I came across some flimsy connector gasket, cheap rubber band affair that ripped in half...
    And you've guessed it - FIX!
    One thing I have noted - after I wash the bike - for a few days afterward - the are signs of rusty water around the rear. I have included a picture - I always wipe it off, but this is day three. So I assume water is gathering somewhere and spraying rearward.... I need to find where this is accumulating !
    Other than that, the bike runs great..
    Great to be back

4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

2. #62 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    does the bike live outside overnight? if so could be condensation.

Kennon

3. #63 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    does the bike live outside overnight? if so could be condensation.

Kennon

Hi Kennon, the bike lives indoors. I've just washed the bike. I had the side stand on a small brick - to keep it upright - dried and polished it. An hour later I had to move it to get the car off the drive and when rested on its stand - plenty of water poured out the left side. Going to let it drain and then tilt it to the right... WEIRD!

4. #64 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Y'know its funny I've had similar problems but the bike still runs fine( did covet the pic of the standard ECU cant get them here ) and as I mentioned earlier been working on a 98CB and the build quality on the NK is by far better. Cant help but think its just quibbles with a first gen bike. Hope you get your troubles sorted brother cause I'm a fan of this bike have ridden all of the competition and while all have their merits nothing compares to the raw animal of the NK I'm living to ride this bike. P.S. just raced an Holden SSV V8 and it wasn't even in the race :)

5. #65 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Hello guys,
    Its been a while since I've been online here, one of those occasions where life overtakes everything. I've visited a couple of times and - bang- offline again to sort things out. I have to catch up on some replies, but before I do.... quick update on my 650....
    In April my ECU started throwing up a weird code... Cant remember what it was, I think it was 2 slow 15 fast (I'm not sure, but will check out my emails to the dealer). I must point out though, that the bike didn't seem to be suffering from this
    Any how, true to form and great after sales support - my dealer helped to analyze the codes (they where not listed in the manual)...
    He sent me instructions on a ignition throttle twist combinations, thinking it was a service reset that wasn't carried out... NO FIX!
    Next check all wires connected properly - I did this (best I could) - NO FIX!
    As there are no duly equipped service centers near me, he send me out his ECU tester with instructions to reset and read the ECU... - NO FIX!
    But it did read 32 faults - yes that's right 32 faults!
    OK to cut a long story short - he sends me out a new ECU - NO QUIBBLE (great support)...
    Swap over was easy, although I came across some flimsy connector gasket, cheap rubber band affair that ripped in half...
    And you've guessed it - FIX!
    One thing I have noted - after I wash the bike - for a few days afterward - the are signs of rusty water around the rear. I have included a picture - I always wipe it off, but this is day three. So I assume water is gathering somewhere and spraying rearward.... I need to find where this is accumulating !
    Other than that, the bike runs great..
    Great to be back
    WGH, Didn't you have the rust issues with the disc brake rotors etc before on one other CFMoto bike? I think it is likely that one will find that few Chinese vehicle manufacturers anodise or galvanise the respective metals used in their vehicles, as can be evidenced by the disc rotors etc showing surface rust around such components after periods of rain, or the vehicle having been washed for grooming purposes on the dealerships yard. I have witnessed this first hand when browsing through outdoor vehicle 'sales yards' over here on the mainland. Quite a common phenomenon actually. Not a good look, but it seems like no one pays it much mind, well not the locals in that target market segment with not so high expectations I'd guess. The same issue doesn't apply to the more expensive local manufactured vehicles, those of JV's or imports.

WGH you might find that in your enthusiasm to get your bike all clean that water is getting into some hidden location and pooling there making contact with a non galvanised metal (steel), until such time as movement (your riding) allows the water to be displaced and sprayed all over the back end. Have you tried leaning the bike over side to side for a period of time to allow any pooled water to filter away. It's something I tend to do just as a habit. While I assume that it is related to the washing of your bike, are you certain it has nothing to do with the coolant and cooling system? Just playing the devil's advocate as the water does look like water from a compromised non-anodised cooling system is all.

6. #66 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quink update, today gave the 650 a wash n polish. Tutoro was down to just under one quarter full.. Time to top it up.
    Some facts and figures.

Filled up chain oiler originally @ 1935 miles.
    3489 miles oiler down to one third - topped up..
    1554 miles on oil used.

Inspection of chain show nicely lubed an no signs of rust.
    She still looks mint.

Sorry for blurred photo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7. #67 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Still looking tidy Wirral.

Kennon

8. #68 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post

4.jpg
    WGH, You and yours need the stand-aid club foot that Prince666 has fabricated up. 'Cause I see you're having to revert to the same carry-the-block-of-wood-and-place-it-under-the-side-stand-when-parking moments I rely on, with the 650TR.

Any further mods or updates on your NK?

9. #69 Re: My blog of a WK650i / CFmoto 650NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    WGH, You and yours need the stand-aid club foot that Prince666 has fabricated up. 'Cause I see you're having to revert to the same carry-the-block-of-wood-and-place-it-under-the-side-stand-when-parking moments I rely on, with the 650TR.

Any further mods or updates on your NK?

Thanks Doc

For the plug heheh on the new side stand if people would like one PM me now as i am just about to get the Doc new side stand foot made now .....

"Be straight don't lean leave the bricks and wood at home "
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #70 Sad hello 
    Just incase someone stumbles across my old posts.

Please go and read my final post in

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...9039#post69039

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567