Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello everyone,....

Just a quick un to say, over the years, chinese motorcycles have been given there own kind of "stereotype" for being unreliable, and bikes that fall to bits as soon as you touch them,

People just dont realise that if you look after the bike, it can be just as good as a jap bike, the companies that make these bikes, like my lexmoto for example, have come on leaps and bounds, and just because the general biking community (including the chavvy 'ped riders, are all just feckless at realising that the technology that is being used to make these bikes is nearly the same as the japs, or the americans, if you pop your chinese bike in a garage, and keep it polished, oiled and looking/running nice, 9times out of 10 they will lastfor a good while

So, what are you guys thoughts on all of this bad reputation ?? :)

2. #2 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    And just for a heads up, HERE SHE IS :)

11240.1315404096.2.JPG

3. #3 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    With qualified and trained staff and a well-stocked spare parts depot, at least half of prejudice would disappear.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    Chinese make surprisingly good motorcycles, and you are right on that with proper care and maintenance they last a long too.

5. #5 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Of course, and Zorge,

That is yet another thing that has imprved massively, i know that AJS have a big parts warehouse in bristol, and lexmoto parts are easy to get hold of aswel :)

6. #6 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmhooligan View Post
    Hello everyone,....

Just a quick un to say, over the years, chinese motorcycles have been given there own kind of "stereotype" for being unreliable, and bikes that fall to bits as soon as you touch them,

People just dont realise that if you look after the bike, it can be just as good as a jap bike, the companies that make these bikes, like my lexmoto for example, have come on leaps and bounds, and just because the general biking community (including the chavvy 'ped riders, are all just feckless at realising that the technology that is being used to make these bikes is nearly the same as the japs, or the americans, if you pop your chinese bike in a garage, and keep it polished, oiled and looking/running nice, 9times out of 10 they will lastfor a good while

So, what are you guys thoughts on all of this bad reputation ?? :)
    I wish it wasn't so, and I do beg to differ to some aspects of you post and as a consequence will likely burst your bubble even I reserve my judgement, and try to keep an open mind. Having visited many motorcycle manufacturers (amongst other types of manufacturing) over my more than 10 years in mainland China, very very few motorcycle manufacturers have any type of QC/QI/QA in place and even those that do can be questionable. Some are not even true manufacturers in the true sense, as they buy various parts of the shelf and assemble using cheap labour. Much of this is about pushing out numbers for very small profit margins. So I completely understand the prejudice and discrimination because some and much of it, of it is deserved in my experience. Even the better fully fledged Chinese motorcycle manufacturers have their QA problems. I have had and still have several different Chinese manufactured rides amongst my Japanese and European motorcycles, and I cannot compare these Chinese made bikes to be in the same league as the Japanese bikes.

I do agree that any and all bikes will likely last longer with regular maintenance and a careful hand, and that is true of anything, but one has to start with the right ingredients first and foremost.

You are entitled to your optimistic view, but I can see with wide open eyes why it is not often shared by others. One only needs to search various motorcycle forums to find disgruntled and upset, sometimes and often first time unsuspecting buyers of one or another Chinese manufactured bike that has gone tits up. Oh, hold on that's not fair, tits are often desirable and have a purpose.

YMMV!

7. #7 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I wish it wasn't so, but I will likely burst your bubble even I reserve my judgement, and try to keep an open mind, but having visited many motorcycle manufacturers (amongst other types of manufacturing) over my more than 10 years in mainland China, very very few motorcycle manufacturers have any type of QC/QI/QA in place. Some are not even true manufacturers in the true sense, as they buy various parts of the shelf and assemble using cheap labour. Much of this is about pushing out numbers for very small profit margins. So I completely understand the prejudice and discrimination because some and much of it, of it is deserved in my experience.
    You are entitled to your optimistic view, but I can see with wide open eyes why it is not shared by others.
    Hey there fella :),

Thanks for your words, i guess it just comes down to experience, with the type of bike i rkde parts are readily available, and i have never had any massive problems with my bike, and i have about 20k on it, just the small things like oil, tyres ect, never any major engine based work done, also, youre seeing it first hand, but the way the people see it in the uk for instance is pretty much what there mate said, or from an internet forum, thankyou for shedding a little light on the subject :), but i have got to be right when i say that if you maintain them correctly, they will last !!! ? :)

8. #8 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    A few ideas:

1. There is not really such thing as a bike as much as an assemblage of parts. If those parts are good enough and the assembling has been done well enough you have a great bike. So you could always have potentially a good Chinese bike, but could need to swap out parts and reassemble it, but if that means the frame and engine, why not just buy a better bike.
    2. I've owned Japanese bikes and Chinese bikes even 20 year old Japanese bikes are generally better than most Chinese new ones, even now.
    3. Most people who think Chinese bikes are all garbage have probably never ridden one, at least not recently.
    4. Most people who think Chinese bikes are good or seriously underrated have never owned a Japanese bike.
    5. The majority of Chinese motorcycle manufacturers have no love of bikes, and would prefer to make cars and only care about making money. As a result have poor R&D, QC and parts, and little imagination or idea what their customers want.
    6. Most experienced riders, even those that are very familiar with Chinese bikes would prefer say a, 2 year old Honda to a new Chinese bike, so it is difficult to see any way for Chinese bikes to pick up many sales.
    7. There is hope, with Benelli, CFMOTO and joint ventures etc.
    8. Chinese manufacturers never stick to one name and always sell their bikes under a bunch of different names in different countries, making the consumer feel they are trying to hide something.

9. #9 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    One more, (I would say) relevant thing - most of the C-moto owners never before or long ago did not had contact with motorcycles. Therefore, they are not familiar with a lot of standard procedures regarding maintenance and adjustments. They simply do not yet have a "sense for motorcycles".
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #10 Re: Prejudice against chinese bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmhooligan View Post
    Hey there fella :),

Thanks for your words, i guess it just comes down to experience, with the type of bike i rkde parts are readily available, and i have never had any massive problems with my bike, and i have about 20k on it, just the small things like oil, tyres ect, never any major engine based work done, also, youre seeing it first hand, but the way the people see it in the uk for instance is pretty much what there mate said, or from an internet forum, thankyou for shedding a little light on the subject :), but i have got to be right when i say that if you maintain them correctly, they will last !!! ? :)
    Hey there Mr Hooligan,,,, Hahhaaha Chinese bikes still do not compare with Jap bikes when compared on quality ,,,but on price they compare very well,,,so you pays your money and takes your choice..as for prejudice ,,,,if anyone takes the piss,,either,,burn them off,,or smack them in the yob !!!!! life,s full of choices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast