Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

just hoping if you guys would wish me luck, as im jetting over to the USA with a few friends soon, i mean, too late to go back now, im in the blooming departure lounge :), as of the day after tomorrow me and 2 other fellas will be supermotoing over the "dragons tail",

If you comment.watch this thread, as wjen im back.from the ride i will update you with some pictures,

If i survive that is :)

2. #2 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Grins* then looks on with disdain, feigned with jealousy* that sounds like fun... I have read heaps about the dragons tail on various motorcycling websites/forums/threads (e.g. ADVrider, yamahasupertenere and many others).

No matter what, bloody well enjoy your time there, and for farks sake... this thread is useless without photos!

3. #3 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Grins* then looks on with disdain, feigned with jealousy* that sounds like fun... I have read heaps about the dragons tail on various motorcycling websites/forums/threads (e.g. ADVrider, yamahasupertenere and many others).

No matter what, bloody well enjoy your time there, and for farks sake... this thread is useless without photos!
    Hey bikerdoc,

I will most definately be posting, i just rang the hotel we will be partying in and they have a free wifi connection, airplane was delayed, so still in the. Departure lounge :) its like sardines in here !!!

Oh, and here is a quick pic just to get you guys coming back, here we go.!
    the-dragon.jpg

"318 bends in 11 miles, thats some intense sh+t :) :)

4. #4 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    which departure lounge you squished into then... and did you ask her Dads permission first ;)
    and look at that you bastard, rubbing salt into the wound of my eye with that cheap overhead map shot... yeah go on, grind it in while you are at it... bugger!
    seriously though, have a great time but do be real safe... watch out for those BIG rigs who have no choice but to swing wide to get round some of those tight hair pins, there have been many a nasty accident on some of those bends; equation motorcyclist + truck = truck wins.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your report.

Will you be posting on ADVrider at all?

5. #5 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    which departure lounge you squished into then... and did you ask her Dads permission first ;)
    and look at that you bastard, rubbing salt into the wound of my eye with that cheap overhead map shot... yeah go on, grind it in while you are at it... bugger!
    seriously though, have a great time but do be real safe... watch out for those BIG rigs who have no choice but to swing wide to get round some of those tight hair pins, there have been many a nasty accident on some of those bends; equation motorcyclist + truck = truck wins.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your report.

Will you be posting on ADVrider at all?
    Hey bikerdoc,

I will be sending you a PM when i get there, where are you from buddy ?, and dont worry, i have got myself a gopro hero so i will be taking a video of the full 11 miles, and i will then post it from the hotel lounge/hospital.... LOL !!

And i will post every pic on this thread, a few of them will be us lot pissed in the bar but apart from that :) brilliant :)

So, where you from, your location thingymobob is confusing haha ?!!! IMHO

P.S : haha, permission was asked :),hahaha !!!

6. #6 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    Yeah no worries PM received and replied too already. Good job with GoPro, and if the first few takes don't look that shiet-hot, then no worries turn 'er round and take footage riding back the way ya came.

PM sent.

7. #7 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Do enjoy the Dragon's Tail, and wishing you good weather. As for bikerdoc's warnings about truc, er, lorries, this is indeed a legitimate concern. Another great danger there is squids -- not the seafood but the obscenely underskilled yet overconfident riders blasting up the Tail on kilobikes. There are probably more rider-inflicted accidents on that stretch than anywhere else in the US. OK, Mulholland Drive in LA probably has more, in a far shorter stretch. But just sayin' -- watch your back on the Dragon's Tail.

By the way, what will you and your mates be riding?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #8 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey there, seeing as bikerdoc and the guy that posted last have both asked, this is what we will be riding ::

Me (george "chuckles" williams) : ktm 950 sm

Jack "doof" deaufsonn : husqvarna 570R

Robert "pillow" jackson : suzuki drz400

Haha, i thought seeing as i am themost experienced rider, (12 years), on a supermoto anyway, i would get the bigger cc :) haha,
    I hope you approve of the bikes, unfortunately i will be leaving my china moto at home:(, im going to miss her, but ill give her a nice cuddle when i gethome haha :), if. You guys or any new posters have any questions, just pm me, i will be happy to answer anything :), haha, plane is delayed, AGAIN, for 30 mins, so be quick if you have anything :). Haha :)

9. #9 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmhooligan View Post
    Hey there, seeing as bikerdoc and the guy that posted last have both asked, this is what we will be riding ::

Me (george "chuckles" williams) : ktm 950 sm

Jack "doof" deaufsonn : husqvarna 570R

Robert "pillow" jackson : suzuki drz400

Haha, i thought seeing as i am themost experienced rider, (12 years), on a supermoto anyway, i would get the bigger cc :) haha,
    I hope you approve of the bikes, unfortunately i will be leaving my china moto at home:(, im going to miss her, but ill give her a nice cuddle when i gethome haha :), if. You guys or any new posters have any questions, just pm me, i will be happy to answer anything :), haha, plane is delayed, AGAIN, for 30 mins, so be quick if you have anything :). Haha :)
    Sounds good. Have fun and take it cool.

10. #10 Re: Well folks, last thread before i am scared to.death ! 
    Watch out for crazy people! If you are coming to Arizona, or Southern California, let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast