Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: indicators

1. #1 indicators 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i have a 2011 sinnis apache and im looking at getting some aftermarket indicators since one just doesnt work anymore, what size indicator thread will i need 8mm or a 10mm for them to fit properly, the standard indicator holes basically have 2 holes 1 for the wires 1 for the screw

2. #2 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Guru
    Take one of your indicators off and measure the thread size....

Before you order some new indicators just make sure that power is actually getting to the faulty indicator because if you arent then it's a wiring issue.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Take one of your indicators off and measure the thread size....

Before you order some new indicators just make sure that power is actually getting to the faulty indicator because if you arent then it's a wiring issue.
    the indicators on the rear are crached etc, its only the one that doesnt work, well it did work when i would tap ot or flick it lol but now it wont work, all other 3 work fine.

4. #4 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Guru
    Some replacement indicators would be fine then. Keep in mind that if you opt for some LED indicators you need the LED indicator relay to do with it or they will flash way too fast.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: indicators 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    First check wiring, check bulbs, remove indicators and measure the thread or take one as a sample with you to your parts supplier so you can compare thread size & pitch. Keep in mind that if you were to replace your indicators with LEDs that LEDs often have variable resistor ratings, meaning that the LED indicators might flash either too fast, or not flash at all - just a heads up.

6. #6 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Noob
    might be a bit late and you bought new ones but if anyone else looks at your thread

I just bought a set of 4 trendy looking indicators for £11 ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4003654879...84.m1497.l2649

7. #7 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i dont supose anyone knows what the wires are for these bikes? one is yellow and other is i think green and cant find out what one is negative or positive, on a side note ive gotten some cheapie indicators, one indicator stopped working so got another set then when i got that set one came broken and the other worked so long story shot i had 2 working an d now one broke again, so i think should stay away from cheap indicators

8. #8 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Guru
    You can find the complete service manual with a wiring diagram for a simular bike at the link below

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2565

According to said manual all of the ground wires are green and the positive wires are orange for the left indicators and sky blue for the right indicators.

9. #9 Re: indicators 
    C-Moto Noob
    Good day to all,
    I owned a CPI DTR150 motorcycle or also known as sinnis trackstar in UK, obviously it's a chinese 150cc motorcycle, having problems with the turn signal and horn, it will only activate if I press the front brake lever and foot brake together, Tried tracing all the wires and found no breaks in the line or shorted wires, maybe some of you here have a wiring diagram of this motorcycle or any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the problem. I already search for the its wiring diagram but found nothing similar on the internet. http://www.hausmotors.com/motorcycles/sports-dtr-150/

Banned
    Possible poor earth
    Only gets enough earth of using other things etc
    Clean all earths
    Wires are very basic
    Check here for other Honda based bikes as yours might be the same basic idea
    What motor is in it? Also check if your switched work? Disconnect and check with a meter