Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: QM200GY RearHub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 QM200GY RearHub 
    hello friends!
    I would like to install a RearHub with a system that would reduce the impact on the gears and back wheel, it would be possible?
    It would have some value?

Sundown 200cc STX motard

LC,

What problem are you having with the bike?

I'm not very clear on your meaning. The QingQi (Sundown) already has a "cush" drive. This means there are rubber blocks between the hub and rear drive sprocket (gear) which "softens" the transfer of power from the chain to the wheel assembly.

Correction: The QingQi does NOT have a "cush drive"

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    LC,

What problem are you having with the bike?

I'm not very clear on your meaning. The QingQi (Sundown) already has a "cush" drive. This means there are rubber blocks between the hub and rear drive sprocket (gear) which "softens" the transfer of power from the chain to the wheel assembly.

CC
    Here in Brazil many Sundown motard are breaking the 3rd Gear Nipple driven the wheels and bolts of Sprocket.
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

I was mistaken in thinking the QingQI had a "cush" drive because it obviously does not now that I look at pictures.

I think Forchetto and ChinaV discussed this already. I know they were trying to find better quality bolts and don't think they solved the problem but maybe they can give an update. They also mentioned something about being sure your spokes stay tight or the bolts will break.

Try this link:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511

CC

5. #5 Qingqi QM200GY-BA cush drive? 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    There's no cush drive. I haven't looked closely but there's nothing in the parts book:

This business of breaking spokes and shearing sprocket bolts is getting to be a "popular" problem with this bike. Theres another thread here about it:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...sprocket+bolts

I wonder if the maker knows about this, as it may require a recall service notice. It can be a dangerous thing and the importers will be liable for damages.
    I can't see what is wrong. The entire assembly looks good and strong, the bolts are the correct tensile strengh rating and the spokes and wheel rim looks sturdy enough. I have been observing my spokes and so far they've required re-tightening a couple of times.
    In the bicycle world it's well known that sprocket bolt failures follow the loosening of spokes, or so I've been told, so maybe the only problem is poor quality spokes.
    People in other forums speak of having changed them. They also say it only happens if they're ridden in the rough.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

My guess is it's just cheap metal as usual. I'd be interested to see if better quality bolts would solve the problem....

I think I've found a better bolt....take a look here...
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...=4121#post4121

Multispeed bicycles that use cassettes (which I think most do) don't use these kinds of bolts to fasten them to the hub but slide on to the hub in grooves more like clutch plates. I know the Shimanos work like this and believe the Campys do to. What kind of bicycle uses these kinds of bolts for their rear sprocket?

CC

Thanks friends!
    I noticed that the 125cc bikes Kasinski adopt the same gear shift and did not break so easily.
    A Cush drive that I could avoid problems in the gear box.
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

I've seen similair issues with various Chinese bikes, hopefully they get some better metal soon... Out of personal experience though I've not had any of these issues...

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Multispeed bicycles that use cassettes (which I think most do) don't use these kinds of bolts to fasten them to the hub but slide on to the hub in grooves more like clutch plates. I know the Shimanos work like this and believe the Campys do to. What kind of bicycle uses these kinds of bolts for their rear sprocket?
    CC
    Sorry. My fault for asking around bicycling-types. I pointed this out to them and they said that although they don't have sprockets held with bolts, the principle still applies to the tabs or splines that connect the sprockets to the hub: If the spokes loosen or break, the chain stresses these splines and end up damaging them. This is due to the chain not pulling straight or something.

I have never owned or ridden a bicycle we were very poor when I was young...in our house we thought knives and forks were jewellery...for Christmas I was given an empty box and was told it was an Action Man deserter...

I still don't really like bicycles, although I recognise how efficient they are. Just consider: On the energy from one 2 oz Scotch egg, a man can travel for miles, at the speed of a leaping panther, with the elegance and grace of a 2-ton Walrus.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    I have never owned or ridden a bicycle we were very poor when I was young...in our house we thought knives and forks were jewellery...for Christmas I was given an empty box and was told it was an Action Man deserter...

Getting back to the first post, it might be nice if the QingQi had a cush drive unit instead of bolting to the hub. We reasoned in the other post that the loose spokes caused the failure. Perhaps it's the harsh lashing through the solid mounts that is causing the spokes to loosen and then the bolts to sheer. I was in east puckadoo China when mine sheered off, first reaction, chain snapped, look down and saw my chain and rear sprocket zipping round and round the rear hub....hmmm that's peculiar . I got towed to a shop and the guy extracted all the broken bolts from the hub, many hours, several broken extractors . From that point on, I always checked the hub bolts and spokes every 500 miles.

LC, it may have some value.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast