A thread dedicated to the sports and the naked bike of the DongFang Family.

The engine is a SOHC, dual valve 229cc push rod engine; ~70MPH tops, and upto 80MPG estimated.
It has a power output of ~17HP or ~13kW. Torque band is around 6,5k RPM rather than 7,5k RPM with most china engines.

The engine is the same engine as found on the RTB (which is the Bobber version of this bike), and info can be found in the ~500 page thread here:
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...er-Information

DongFang also made a Rebel 250 based model of their bikes, called RTD. The RTD also uses the same single cylinder thumper engine of the previous models.

Currently, the DongFang motorcycle has to compete against the Yingang YG-250-NF being $150 more expensive.
The Yingang bike seems more robust, has a better engine with 26HP, DOHC, and water cooling. The Yingang is 50LBS heavier than the DongFang, but is more Highway worthy with the increase in output.
It does ~80-85MPH tops and has a gas mileage of ~70-75MPG

What plays in DF's favor is that the DF has better fuel economy, is lighter in weight, but most of all, it has plenty of aftermarket parts available. The Yingang has very few dealers supporting the bike, and parts are almost non-existent.

The RTC (racing version) has a 46-48T rear sprocket.
The RTC-B (Naked bike) is equipped with a 42T rear sprocket.

Because of the even teeth on the rear, I believe the front sprocket is either a 13T or 15T, but it would be nice if someone could confirm this.

The Naked bike also has handlebars aimed for more upright riding, while the racing bike has handlebars inbetween a standard handlebars and racing handlebars (like found on racing bikes like the Ninja).

I went for the purchase with MX Motorsports 3 weeks ago, but so far they're low on keeping their promises!
According to the website, they have a 1 day processing fee, and a 5day delivery fee.
When the bike wasn't there after the first 8 days, I went to the dealer, and they told me it was just about to be shipped.
They then suddenly figured out they sent me the D250RTB (Bobber) instead of the D250RTC-B (naked bike), and told me something about problems with the paperwork; both on the Yingang and on the DF.
I called them, and wrote them an email, and they said they would give me a definite answer the next day, but it's been 3 days already, and still no answer.
So I guess if the bike does not arrive by the end of this week, I'll just cancel the order!
Usually drop shippers like these, have the crappiest products that break!
I should have ordered the bike with scooterdepot, even if it was $150 more expensive... shigh