Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: cfmoto 650 nk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 cfmoto 650 nk 
    Ivé had my 650 for two weeks now and it started a rattle like timing chain noise, took it back to dealer was told that one of the valves had mushroomed due to not been harden correctly not happy.

2. #2 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by bezinga1 View Post
    Ivé had my 650 for two weeks now and it started a rattle like timing chain noise, took it back to dealer was told that one of the valves had mushroomed due to not been harden correctly not happy.

that sucks....i would try to find out the 'build date' on the bike...and make sure it hadnt been sitting in the factory or some store a long time...... meaning you want a 'fresh' bike.... you bought in Australla?

i have had good luck with my TR650

3. #3 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Bezinga1,

Welcome to MCM and sorry to hear you are having issues with the 650NK. Unlike many of us here in China, at least you have a dealer to turn to. Your bike should be fully under warranty, and should make good on any repairs.

TR650 and 650NK share the same engine, right?

Good luck with the warrant service, and keep us posted!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Bezinga1,

Welcome to MCM and sorry to hear you are having issues with the 650NK. Unlike many of us here in China, at least you have a dealer to turn to. Your bike should be fully under warranty, and should make good on any repairs.

TR650 and 650NK share the same engine, right?

Good luck with the warrant service, and keep us posted!

cheers
    Yes it will be covered by the warranty so lets hope it will not take long to get back on the road.
    cheers

5. #5 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Yes it will be covered by the warranty so lets hope it will not take long to get back on the road.
    cheers
    The TR and Nk are pretty much the same bike......
    Of course it covered but i would be pissed off on the account it should not happen.

6. #6 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Well yes, it shouldn't happen. But then if you take the gamble on saving $$$ on a Chinese bike vs Japanese, then maybe that is more of a possibility.

7. #7 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    The TR and Nk are pretty much the same bike......
    Of course it covered but i would be pissed off on the account it should not happen.
    Yep pissed of big time you can only imagine how pissed of 2 weeks and its in the shop, that said it was a x demo and was 5 mths old but still.
    And as far as saving $$$$$ on a chinese bike compared to a jap bike there was a $5000.00 saving on the CF compared to a bike from Japan, with 2yr's warranty I thought it was worth the risk and yes it is now in the shop for repairs I know the dealer and importer will fix it fast and get it right as they them self"s have invested a great deal of $$$$$$$$$$$ to make it work here in Australia .
    That said would I buy another cfmoto? time out for now I will see how the 650 go's and give my answer latter. "Then again I know my answer already it would be a BIG no"
    reason's there are second hand name brand motorcycle out there for the same money which have be tried and tested over time

8. #8 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Well yes, it shouldn't happen. But then if you take the gamble on saving $$$ on a Chinese bike vs Japanese, then maybe that is more of a possibility.
    but really the chinese should have it right by now they already build most of the parts for some really big motorcycle brands and have taken over some brand name motorbikes thats why I gave it a go,

9. #9 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    but really the chinese should have it right by now they already build most of the parts for some really big motorcycle brands and have taken over some brand name motorbikes thats why I gave it a go,
    Maybe most of the computer hardware is manufactured in China. Nikon manufactures lenses in China. AFAIK BMW assembles Rotax engines for their Funduros in China. Quality is great. But when the quality is great it usually (maybe) involves some non Chinese companies overseeing manufacture or demanding quality.

That is not the case with your average China bike, so don't really expect much.

10. #10 Re: cfmoto 650 nk 
    I think buying a demo bike is not a good idea, I have never came across one for sale? I personally think that demo bikes should be taken apart for evaluation by engineers to see how they hold up to abuse.

I would not want the bike now, I would not have wanted it in the first place, it’s a demo.

Why would they rebuild it, that’s a waste of resources you could ask what does it take for me to get a brand new bike, that you only get to ride.

I doubt that all the bikes have bad valves, other things can cause that like the cooling system not working and or poor tuning, they may have played with the EFI settings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast