Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    ive just purchased a pulse adrenaline from someone for really cheap its a 2008 model and was hoping you guys be able to get it running again, I am mechanicly minded just not with bikes, so dont know what im looking for with potential problems but am good with a spanner, the previous owner was complainin of a knocking sound but that might be the exhaust where it joins to front as I have found out it is loose as hell, if its not my exhaust, what could it be in the bottom end of engine? I have read that a clutch pin snaps in them? or a valve gone?

will upload a picture when I get the chance ;) she has 10,000 miles on the clock and doesnt look to bad, I have a brand new set of fairings in the post, going to steam clean engine and frame, wire brush the little bits of rust and treat with rustoleum and repaint will look tidy then
    I have heard of engine change with suzuki but no definite yes on internet to confirm or knowledge of what needs to be changed to accomadate the engine

happy biking guys :)

2. #2 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Luckily your engine is used in a lot of Chinese motorcycles, which are:

Superbyke RSR125, RMZ125, RMR125
    Sinnis Max, Stealth, Apache, Blade, Trackstar, Vista
    Lexmoto Street, Lowride
    Pulse Adrenaline
    Qingqi QM125-2F (Ranger), QM125-2D, QM125GY-2D (Tracker)

And I think Suzuki GS125, GN125, DR125, DRZ125

As far as I know the engine can be switched between models as the mounting holes are all the same. A brand new engine costs £500 but you can often get them second hand for as little as £100 on eBay.

If you want to try and repair your engine instead of replacing it then you should get the Haynes manual for 125cc Chinese motorcycles. The manual says that a knocking sound could be down to Carbon build up in the combustion chamber, an overheating problem caused by an incorrect spark plug or an incorrect fuel/air mixture, piston ring or con rod damage caused by lack of luberication or overheating, incorrect valve clearences, damaged valve springs, head gasket leak, exhaust leakage, loose bolts or damaged bearings to name a few.
    Last edited by spencer2004; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    Some Hyosung also had the same bolt holes.

4. #4 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Some Hyosung also had the same bolt holes.
    Oh really? Do you know which ones?
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    RX125 is one of it. Hyosung was the maker of some Suzi GS125 http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17283058_1.htm Igniter is using AC unlike the Jap version & had kick start.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 02-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.

6. #6 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Luckily your engine is used in a lot of Chinese motorcycles, which include:

Superbyke RSR125, RMZ125, RMR125
    Sinnis Max, Stealth, Apache, Blade, Trackstar, Vista
    Lexmoto Street, Lowride
    Pulse Adrenaline
    And I think Suzuki GS125, GN125, DR125, DRZ125

As far as I know the engine can be switched between models as the mounting holes are all the same. A brand new engine costs £500 but you can often get them second hand for as little as £100 on eBay.

If you want to try and repair your engine instead of replacing it then you should get the Haynes manual for 125cc Chinese motorcycles. The manual says that a knocking sound could be down to Carbon build up in the combustion chamber, an overheating problem caused by an incorrect spark plug or an incorrect fuel/air mixture, piston ring or con rod damage caused by lack of luberication or overheating, incorrect valve clearences, damaged valve springs, head gasket leak, exhaust leakage, loose bolts or damaged bearings to name a few.
    Dear Spencer,

Now THAT's an excellent, useful and interesting post! Thanks for capturing all these clones in one place.

And thanks to humanbeing for adding the hyosung to the list.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #7 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks. I think this forum needs a section with this kind of information so people don't have to search all over the place to find it or make threads about the same thing over and over again.

8. #8 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks for the help so far guys, im just trying to figure out why I got no electrics working in the bike a minute, I dont have no indicators on the back or rear light fitted but will that stop my clocks from working?

9. #9 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    also when I try bump starting the headlamp tries coming on and can see gear number in the clock, my battery is fully charged too

10. #10 Re: help with my pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Regular
    Only had mine a couple of weeks but first I'd check the main fuse and its connections . Mine had no lamps working in the instruments - all blown so replaced with LEDs from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1308350273...84.m1497.l2649

Except for the indicator repeater than needs to be a filament lamp. The brown feed was broken on mine too and the numberplate light has now gone away.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast