Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Jinan Qingqi-Shandong Pioneer 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks humanbeing. From what I read in that history the two factories belong to the same group?. The two names are shown together in the first line and on several other mentions.

I'll never understand the point of calling themselves by a different name and yet producing the same bikes. Seems to dilute the effort. Same with the example just discussed: Two bikes that are apparently the same and yet with a totally different rear hub arrangement, The Jinan Qingqi QM200GY-B and the Pioneer XF200GY-B

The Pioneer has the Suzuki technology of the Qingqi Group, but a Honda rear hub/sprocket design...crazy.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Thanks humanbeing. From what I read in that history the two factories belong to the same group?. The two names are shown together in the first line and on several other mentions.

I'll never understand the point of calling themselves by a different name and yet producing the same bikes. Seems to dilute the effort. Same with the example just discussed: Two bikes that are apparently the same and yet with a totally different rear hub arrangement, The Jinan Qingqi QM200GY-B and the Pioneer XF200GY-B

The Pioneer has the Suzuki technology of the Qingqi Group, but a Honda rear hub/sprocket design...crazy.
    b4 1995 NO relation to Qingqi (Shandong Yuhua machine factory since 1966 :ex-military product manufacturer then builds civilian machines ...)
    1995 (JV) Yuhua+Qingqi called "Rizhao Qingqi"
    Dec 1999- ISO9001 quality system certification
    2000 -Rizhao Qingqi's "Pioneer" brand in domestic record. Obtained the export right. Exported to U.S. market.
    2002 (NEW JV) "Rizhao Qingqi"+ Jinan Qingqi">Rizhao Pioneer
    Nov 2002- iso9001:2000
    early 2003: Renamed the Rizhao Pioneer> Shandong Pioneer
    One simple word the "Pioneer" is the illegitimacy that "father" (J. Qingqi ) loves.

u called that "Suzuki" tech engine? Qingqi isn't the Suzuki's first choice panther now .
    Suzuki's newest R&D center is JV w/ 大长江集团 in Guangdong.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 03-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post

Forchetto,

From what I understand there could be at least a couple reasons...

One is that as a manfacturer, Qingqi and manu manufacturers are willing to sell to anyone who will by their parts or components....be they international or domestic. Again, they're still in the early stages of understanding what "name brand" means and right now are amidst some fierce internal competition so making money is still a key priority.

Two could be that often times a manufacturer will actually start another business that is legally protected in it's own entity and licensed to export (and even import) goods. Sometimes smaller companies can do things that larger one can not due to rampant bureaucracy.

Just a few thoughts!

Also, as a side note, JeanPierre from South Africa informed me that the folk at QingQi were finding that the problem with the loosening spokes came largely from the hub design which placed weird tension /forces on the spokes as they were required to bend and apparently the QingQi RnD guys were working on it. This was several months ago so who knows!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

GY200 rider
    Interesting stuff !
    Thanks Forchetto, next time you are visiting this end of the Pyrenees I'll buy you a glass of Catalan beer!
    The center hole is 58mm so the CB sprocket should fit perfectly. I'll have to be sure the inside face has the channel to locate the shoulder of the stud. I might just order a set of studs anyway.
    I'll place an order and keep you posted.

Hey Carl, thanks for the input. Henry.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Glad to be of service!. Figuring out Chinese bikes keeps the mind active...It also drives you to drink.

If you look at this larger image you can see there's some sort of recess for the stud's shoulder to fit in in the cross section drawing:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

GY200 rider
    Gotcha.
    Now then, it occurs to me there might ust be a big enough demand out there for cush drive hubs for the GY125/200 's to organise a shipment out of Shandong. Maybe even with a 44T sprocket. I'll make some enquiries.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234