Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GY200 rider
    Its a 428, I had already checked and there are no tab washers. I am not sure if the sprocket is held in place by four bolts coming from behind the sprocket or if they are studs. Anyway I will check at the weekend and let you know. I'll upload some photos early next week.

forchetto,
    Did you change the front sprocket as well?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    forchetto,
    Did you change the front sprocket as well?
    No. I would have preferred to do so rather than the wheel sprocket but I came across some problems of space and availability of alternative sprockets.
    See this thread for an explanation:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Hi forch, i been reading some post elsewhere and according to them the fron sprocket of the Suzuki SX125 is compatible with the QM200 (The name in Chile for que QM200 is Euromot GXT200). Its a 16T sprocket and the only detail is that it is a little wider in the middle but is easily solved.
    The 2 first links are for the post I was telling you about (in Spanish) and the 3rd one is the detail of the sprocket they mention it

http://www.adach.cl/foro/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48319
    http://www.adach.cl/foro/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46567
    http://www.jtsprockets.com/fileadmin...rge/jtf416.jpg

Cheers.

PD: If any one is interested in some specific part of this post and don understand spanish i'll be glad to help, but please don't ask me to translate everything.....

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks Chinipan. I'll read through that forum a bit more. Looks useful.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

GY200 rider
    Right, this is for the Sherlock Holmes amongst you. Here are some pics of the rear sprocket belonging to my Pioneer GY200. The number stamped on the back is 428-51T, pretty obviously a 428 pitch chain with a 51 tooth sprocket!
    The hub houses four rubber bushes. Four studs of 8+mm diameter are secured to the sprocket with nuts and ample amounts of locktite. The sprocket just plugs into the bushes and is held in place by one large circlip.
    Can anyone identify with this type? The rubber bushing no doubts cushions any shock treatment transmitted through the drive chain, synonymous with a Suzuki design. I want to source a smaller sprocket for reasons already explained on this post.
    Attached Images

GY200 rider
    Just a few more details to add on the rear sprocket: the four holes are on a 90mm diameter, 64mm between centers and take what appears to be an 8,2mm stud. I have scanned the drawngs in the 125cc Suzuki section of JT Sprockets with no luck. I'll keep looking.......
    Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Cheers!

8. #28 Qingqi (Qlink Pioneer Sundown, etc) rear cush hub 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for the photos.

Another mystery to solve in the never-ending quest to understand the thinking of Chinese makers...

Curiously enough one of our posters, LuisCarlos, from Brazil, is looking for a cush drive rear sprocket hub to stop the possibility of the bolt breakages we've been hearing so much about.

This is the thread: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510

The hub on your bike seems a superior arrangement to the one our Qingqi comes with and I'll bet it's interchangeable with ours. A rubber-cushioned cush drive like yours should feel a lot smoother and be easier on the transmission. On top of that the fixing of the sprocket will not shear as easily as just bolts.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

9. #29 Wheel sprocket Shandong Pioneer XF200GY 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Have a look at these drawings taken from JT Sprockets. I had a look for components with a 4 hole 90 mm pitch circle diameter like yours and it appears that several versions of the Honda CB125, CB175, and CG125 use that.

The only data missing from yours is the diameter of the centre hole. All these are 58 mm, is yours the same?.

Notice that these sprockets have two sets of holes, four with 8.2 mm diameter and 4 with 10.5 mm.

Honda CB125
    Honda CB175
    Honda CG125E
    Honda CG125 Brazil

It looks like the closest could be the CB125. Take a look at how similar the rear wheel assembly of it is. Note the rubber cush drive bushes, four hole sprocket, large circlip fixing etc, on this drawing:

Last edited by forchetto; 03-22-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

It's very strange this, Jinan Qingqi and Shandong Pioneer appear to be two different companies and yet they're in the same province: JINAN, and they make virtually the same bikes. On top of that Shandong Pioneer on their website : http://www.xfmotor.com.cn/en/ claim the same history as Qingqi, started in 1956, link with Suzuki technology, blah, blah, blah...Perhaps Crazy Carl or someone else that's lived in China can explain the relationship between those two companies.
    In different place : Shandong Pioneer-Rizhao /Qingqi-Jinan

The Pioneer history (in Chinese) machine translated
    Last edited by humanbeing; 03-08-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast