Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline general help and advice 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Gents! (possibly Ladies too!)

18 months ago my Mrs gave birth to our daughter and I find myself in the reverse position where most guys have to give up their bikes!

The Mrs has decided that she is not going to go back to work and wants to stay at home full-time, but the problem is I use the car to go to work everyday and she is becoming increasingly isolated being stuck at home and hating having to use public transport.

So I had a brainwave, I’ll get us a second car. But after looking at cheap reliable cars and insurance costs we decided that was a no go, so she suggested a motorbike (I just about wet myself) 29 years old and finally realising a life long dream of owning a bike.

I had a £1000 budget and so set out into the 125cc world of learner legal bikes, a stepping stone to bigger bikes one day I hope. Little did I realise the sheer scope of what was available. But I have finally found the bike I liked the look and style of , my first Pulse Adrenaline 125!

OK so looks-wise the previous owner did an awful job, after using the bike predominantly off-road he put it up for sale and I got him down to £500. Hes spraypainted the poor thing the most awful babyblue ive ever seen, but going to view the bike I could see past that and what I can do by getting new plastics and the like.

He seemed to be a handy with hands type of guy, stripped the engine, put a new K & N filter on (these things mean nothing to me im a total newbie!) and a new Yoshimura exhaust, wether its real or a fake I cant tell the difference.

Having monitored this forum for about the past month trying to learn a few things here and there Ive decided just to join so that if im ever stuck I can just ask, ive been impressed with what seems to be a wealth of information on this forum. My bike is mechanically sound ( I think) not passed my CBT yet and was sold to me with a years MOT so im assuming its roadworthy and good to go. But ive learnt some harsh lessons in the past when it comes to assuming things! So for now I don’t want to take the easy way out and hand it over to a mechanic to have a lokk at, I would rather get the satisfaction of doing it myself and learning about my new pride and joy!

So in a nut shell I look forward to annoying you all with mechanical questions, stupid questions and just any old questions in the near future!

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline general help and advice 
    Welcome to the forum.

I read what you wrote, that your wife suggested to buy a motorcycle. You know, there's something way too wrong with this picture.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline general help and advice 
    C-Moto Regular
    Welcome - was this bike on Ebay a couple of weeks back ? - think I saw it , my Adrenaline came from Edinburgh but luckily they delivered it as I'm 50 miles from London !!

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline general help and advice 
    I am probably too late here, but buy a new one- sounds like the used TMEC 200 I got myself back in November; being Chinenginesese bikes, the new ones have things breaking off, too, but at least you start from the beginning rather than buying someone's problems.

Adrenelins are seemingly decent bikes being OEM'd from either Qingqi or Pioneer, which utilize Suzuki-engineered engines; the Suzuki DR 125 engine if you guys have that model, although some differences in design for proprietary reasons.