Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New Dude

1. #1 New Dude 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to the forum. Here are pics of the bike that I owned for the last 3.5 months while I was in South Africa.

Still looking for a buyer. The bike is getting a lot of attention.
    Leaving back to Canada very soooon.

I hope you guys enjoy.

If anyone can share their experience in getting a full bike in parts to Canada im looking to do the same thing and build it myself... its the engineer in me... Any help advice is appreciated. Been asking around about getting a bike in a crate fully in parts to those manufacturers that had what I was looking for... ST125SM or JL200GY-2B or XY250GY 475 or LF250GY-7 or QM200GY-B(ASD)

Cheers.

XS,

Welcome to the site! I think for some reason the Chinese design these dual-sport bikes to look good in red or black. Some of the other color combo's I've seen haven't worked out to well for me.

From your post I'm not very clear what you want to do. Do you want to take your bike that is now in SA to Canada or are you trying to sell it? If you're trying to sell it, you can put it up for sale in the appropriate section of MCM. If you want to move it back then you'll probably be looking at spending more money on shipping and crating than it would be to buy a new one after you arrive in Canada.

Where in Canada do you live?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

XSive,

Is that the stock exhaust on your bike?

Marty.
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

My bike I bought in the crate from the importer/distributor, but to be honest they are "mostly" assembled at that point already... You do save some money though... I don't know about actually importing one though.

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    XS,

Welcome to the site! I think for some reason the Chinese design these dual-sport bikes to look good in red or black. Some of the other color combo's I've seen haven't worked out to well for me.

From your post I'm not very clear what you want to do. Do you want to take your bike that is now in SA to Canada or are you trying to sell it? If you're trying to sell it, you can put it up for sale in the appropriate section of MCM. If you want to move it back then you'll probably be looking at spending more money on shipping and crating than it would be to buy a new one after you arrive in Canada.

Where in Canada do you live?

CC
    Definitively selling the bike. I'll a make a thread in the right section as recommended. Eventually I want to get one of these bikes in Canada and I know that if the aren't importing these then the only avenue is importing the bike as parts. In my case minus the engine, exhaust, oil and gas tanks....

Right now I live mainly in Toronto with a place in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45
    Is that the stock exhaust on your bike?
    Stock exhaust, I can take more pics and post them if interested before I leave it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    My bike I bought in the crate from the importer/distributor, but to be honest they are "mostly" assembled at that point already... You do save some money though... I don't know about actually importing one though.
    Got a few replies from some of the distributors out in Canada with some of them saying they don't have access to some of those models I've listed let alone parts.... lol I'll probably keep pushing to get a "mostly" assembled one but I think I might end up going directly to the manufacturers after I exhaust the Canadian distributors....

Yeah we don't have as many models available, there is defintiely some Chinese bikes available though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yeah we don't have as many models available, there is defintiely some Chinese bikes available though...
    What models are available in Canada Jim?

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Carl I honestly couldn't tell you....

From Coast to Coast you can get the gy5 and gy2 I believe, as well as some smaller bikes, I think they have a cruiser, but no sport bike... Not at this time anyways... I don't know what all we have available though I think our market may be more confusing than the USA market even... We've got Loncin Q-Link (Qingqi), Konker (which has some models, as well as a version from Qingqi), and then there are so many online ones I really couldn't tell you. Oh and X-Rage, which I believe are rebadged Lifans.