Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    YinXiang is China's 12th largest producers of motorcycles.
    From November 2011 to November 2012 it lost 4.23% of it production.

Part of the Yinxiang group are CDR and Wanqiang
    They are offering an updated version to the 1970 style moped...

This model is marketed in Brazil under the brand DAFRA.

They also claim Irbis motors as a partner.

Yinxiang is a big supplier of horizontal engines,
    Last edited by MJH; 05-13-2016 at 02:40 AM.

2. #2 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    I know that these are not intended for street use, however they likely would bolt in to one of these little bikes. I think that if someone did that they would want a temperature gauge to make sure it did not overheat. Frequent oil changes and monitoring the temperature might prevent having to constantly be rebuilding the engine.

This one is rated at 18hp, which would make one of these little bikes dangerously fast.
    Yinxiang W175CC, 4 valves, oil cooled

3. #3 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    As I understand it, this 175 cc engine (like any other horizontal engine with external oil line) can be fitted with external oil filter.

With that filter, oil change intervals can be extended.

Also, virtually all the, so-called "big bore" horizontals, have oil outlets for and must be fitted with oil coolers. Install radiator, for example, as it has a TB Racing on his Monkey and forget about temperature monitoring.

If necessary, install plate with light coils, change speed shifting pattern, tweak ignition timing, carb, exhaust and - voila, you got a engine for everyday commuter bike.

And yes - electric starter is for sissies.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    This one is rated at 18hp, which would make one of these little bikes dangerously fast.
    Yinxiang W175CC, 4 valves, oil cooled
    the big bore YX engines have one major problem, they don't last very long and not very reliable - as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.....

another possibility to convert an horizontal air-cooled engine into a oil-air-cooled engine is mounting a take off plate to the cylinder head and run an oil cooler.... see some pics attached of some custom parts we did in the past and you should get the general idea.
    Attached Images

5. #5 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    TB Racing, in your experience, which Chinese stock "big bore" horizontal is the most reliable, durable and suitable for everyday use?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #6 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    Yeah I figure when they say they do not warranty the race engine that they do not last long.
    I wonder about the Daytona engines, they are not cheap at all.

They have upgrade kits for them, that include a temperature gauge and they say stay under 90 degrees Celsius.

7. #7 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    Banned
    Yeah I figure when they say they do not warranty the race engine that they do not last long.
    I wonder about the Daytona engines, they are not cheap at all.
    They have upgrade kits for them, that include a temperature gauge and they say stay under 90 degrees Celsius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    TB Racing, in your experience, which Chinese stock "big bore" horizontal is the most reliable, durable and suitable for everyday use?
    G'Day Zorge,

Really like the original genuine Jincheng 50-90cc engines (great tuning potential) for Z50 bikes.

Own a few Zongshen 124cc (ZS154FMI) engines, some of the ZS154FMI engines (4-speed manual gear box) are bored out to 138cc with race cam and cylinder heads modified, great torque monsters (not really revvy engines). Unfortunately Zongshen discontinued the reliable Zongshen 124cc (ZS154FMI) engines 2-3 years ago and just before they did ordered a few for myself and other Z50 owners.....

I am a active member of a few international Z50 "Monkey Bike" boards and the Daytona engines (made in China under license for Daytona / Japan) get some very good solid reviews.
    Apparently they are about to release a new generation of the Daytona engines with stronger cases, improved gearbox = better gearing (ratio between 2-3 gear) and a decompression cam for easier starting next month.

Now, high performance big bore engines, nothing beats a custom hand-build Z50 horizontal race engine using either the old Honda GB4 engine cases, a Honda Nice 108cc (Thailand) or a full blown Takegawa engine in my opinion. Building another engine right now but that special one off custom race engine will take some real time.....

Attached a pic of the Zongshen 124cc (ZS154FMI) engine (ZS154FMI-2*xxxxxxxx* <> X = engine numbers) with Honda SS50 style clutch and engine cases. They are bullet proof and ultra reliable with a great gear box (4-speed manual 1-N-2-3-4) crank mounted clutch.
    Attached Images

8. #8 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    This is my inspiration

Here is the article on bikers cafe
    Custom Honda SL70 Scrambler

9. #9 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    Are the Daytona’s made in China made by YX ? I see content that makes me think that Xinxiang is the manufacturer in china.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Y...566261912.html

http://tboltusa.com/store/yx-fusion-...ad-p-1403.html

10. #10 Re: YinXiang 重庆银翔摩托车(集团)有限公司 
    Banned
    Are the Daytonas made in China made by YX ? I see content that makes me think that Xinxiang is the manufacturer in china.http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Y...566261912.htmlhttp://tboltusa.com/store/yx-fusion-...ad-p-1403.html
    yes they are to my limited knowledge, never really dug into that issue but the Shanghai based Z50 biker boys (Chinese Z50 and Ape Jincheng / Skytem replica bike owners club) mention last year that Daytona had horizontal Z50 type engines manufactured by a few China engine manufacturers like Lifan, XY and Zongshen. They sometimes have Daytona engines in the minibike tuning shop here in Shanghai, will ask next time I am at the shop (parts market). Daytona has 4-valve horizontal engines (150 / 190cc) called Daytona Anima Engines on offer as well....
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast