Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: YoHe motorcross helmet does it's job. 
    "I think it is only fair to understand and appreciate that a lot of R&D goes into quality helmet design, ergonomics, and crash testing... in my mind Yohe are no where near being at the level of a HJC let alone a Shoei or Arai of which I have had many over the years. "

Don't forget the huge investment in marketing that gets people to believe the ridiculus prices of high end and luxury good are worth the price we pay for them

2. #12 Re: YoHe motorcross helmet does it's job. 
    The real story here is not the helmets or riding gear but the hospital visit..

One doctor, 2 nurses, 2 Xray, One tetnus jab, 5 stiches, painkillers, anti biotics, anti inflamatory drugs, plus dressing for a little over 300 rmb.. amazing!!

rich

3. #13 Re: YoHe motorcross helmet does it's job. 
    Quote Originally Posted by richardktm View Post
    The real story here is not the helmets or riding gear but the hospital visit..

One doctor, 2 nurses, 2 Xray, One tetnus jab, 5 stiches, painkillers, anti biotics, anti inflamatory drugs, plus dressing for a little over 300 rmb.. amazing!!

rich
    yes you can even get an MRI for only 400Kuai......compared to 4000 usd crazy...

imagine if you were not wearing a helmet....i have one...comfortable but i use mine with my gas or electric scooter...its open face....for my XTR250 i wear a Fox because my head has too much shit it in i dont want to lose...and a lot i would like to...like that time....he he

I have to agree about the body armor comment...i was struck by one of the 10 million Wuling silver vans, it made a sudden u-turn in a small village...i was on my XTR ...i lifted up my full motorcross boot so not to be struck by the bumper...hit the bike instead...then went down....wear full body amor, which includes inner pant liner that has hip protector that stick out (more than a pad) a bit...which took the impact of the road surface first...no damage to me....shift lever bent to hell though...try to find one of those in a small village...where the chinese farmer bikes have big diameter shifters. ended the day riding

4. #14 Re: YoHe motorcross helmet does it's job. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    And think about buying body protector - it saves you, especially when you're in the wild, with no people around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    I have to agree about the body armor comment...
    We always ride ATGATT (all the gear all the time).

Unfortunately, you might have a few open spots (like Rich's forearm) that can get hit. I think it was just bad luck that whatever sliced him got him right where the elbow/forearm pad doesn't cover.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12