Just a little gear advice for anyone thinking about a Chinese helmet.

Last saturday I went for a day dirt biking with chinaV, we both ride Galaxy TGR 250's which are pretty good for what we do.

Not long in to the ride we attacked a perticularly nasty uphill single track, and whilst travesing a narrow little goat track my front wheel slid off the side of the track and dragged me and the bike down a 2m banking of soft soil.

No problem I thought, more embarassed than anything I slid down or rolled and landed below the bike. As i sat there, getting ready to dust myself off and chuckling to myself... WHAM the bike had flipped end over and hit my on the head and landed on my arm.

It turns out the triple clamp hit my head and left 3 small hole in my helmet and the footpeg gave my arm a good whack and left a nasty gash in my arm.

Suspecting a broken arm we called it a day and headed into town, one handed, to try to find an X ray machine.
A great thanks to chinaV for helping me out and taking me home to Shenzhen (quite a long way)

So for anyone looking to buy an inexpensive motocross helmet I can defiantly recommend a Yohe brand helmet.
In the two years I’ve owned it has been abused, gone karting, been on bike trips, buses, planes, cars. I’ve had the liner out of it maybe 50 times, sweated buckets in it maybe 100 times, hit more branches than I care to remember.
The fit and finish has been very durable, it also has a great quick release fastening system.

This is not a marketing ploy or me after a freebie like most things on the internet, just me saying well done for saving me from a serious injury

Ride safe Rich