Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Raising my Lexmoto lsm 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob speedyspeedyboy's Avatar
    Hi all, first post on this site so forgive my many mistakes to come.

I've got a lexmoto lsm (str125yb) and done a measly 300 miles on the beast, being 6"5 i wouldn't mind it being a little bit taller. There's a few ways i can think of to achieve this and would appreciate any new ideas or help.

The 1st and easiest option would be adding a wedge to the rear shock. I haven't looked into the specifics of this but according to a friend it's as easy as it sounds: add a triangle wedge to the bottom of the rear shock adding a few inches. That's all i can think of for the back end, the front end however....
    Starting from the top i could get a new set of bars, i have seen bar raisers but feel simply moving the bars up that far would take away alot of 'feeling' from the front end. Next i could get a new set of forks; this is something i'd like to do anyway (if you've seen a lsm you'll know the front end could do with an extra 1/3 foot). Of course it being a chinese bike i've not been able to find the current fork dimensions, but could quite easily get my tape measure out and find some online that'd fit. With bigger forks i'd want a new, larger, front wheel to replace the tiny but fat one on there as standard. I like the reassurance you get from such a fat front wheel so i'd try to get a bigger super moto style wheel (semi knobblys to be added at a later date ). While i was at it i'd probably get a new headlight (diamond shaped ones seem to shine more light on me than the road).

So, once i have the money that's my plan of action. None of this is essential as it's not a tiny bike, but would make things more comfortable. Now all that's left is for you lovely people to tell me how to do all this cheaply, easily, and stylishly!

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Mine is a 61 plate and done 1200 kms now.

I havent made any modifications and did the 1000 km service myself.

The only modification im looking at doing is getting a new exhaust can ... I want something louder and deeper but cant seem to find anything to fit the Lexmoto LSM :(

The only issue I have had since owning it was the bike spluttering and struggling to start ... it turned out to be water in the fuel tank.

It had got in from where you put petrol in ... a rubber seal that wasnt seated correctly so everytime I washed the bike or it rained water got into the tank.

Re seated the seal and not had an issue since.