Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok so I have my finally taken delivery of my Pulse adrenaline now.

Took it out for a couple of spins and everything was fine, bit of bother getting it started but just put that down to the bike not being used, so battery possibly dying.

When I turn the ignition on all the lights and indicators work but when you hit the ignition switch the battery just clicks away as if its just not got enough power to turn over.

Got a hold of a charger and started charging it, long story short 2 days charging and it still wont turn over now. So while the seat was off I took the opportunity to have a look at the wiring. I now wish I had remained blissfully unaware of it!!! Its a mess, I think there is more insulation tape than wires!

The wires that are there are all badly corroded and in some cases even melted! Some of them dont even connect to anything?!

So ive bit the bullet and ordered the owners manual and a new wiring loom.

My question (eventually!) is does the owners manual come with a wiring diagram or am I just going to have to go into this and work it out for myself? Has anybody had any experience of having to do this kind of thing?

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    My question (eventually!) is does the owners manual come with a wiring diagram or am I just going to have to go into this and work it out for myself? Has anybody had any experience of having to do this kind of thing?
    Just refer to bigger brother's manual http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2565 for wiring diagram.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Guru
    It should be easy enough to fit, due to the simplicity of these bikes there aren't many electrical connections compared to a wiring loom of a car. Just figure out which way round it goes, route it through the bike as the old one was, connect everything up and you're done.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Noob
    Humanbeing;

Thank you for that link, the manual it contained was a million times more detailed than the crappy one I just bought for the adrenaline!!

Spencer;

Its taken me about half an hour to figure out which way round it goes as there was so much muck and crap, previous owner really did a number on these wires! Ive managed to work out a few of the connections but some of the wires it looks like hes replaced with any old wires hes had laying about his garage! I'll persevere though might take me a while but i'll get there! Any recommendations on a new battery? Should i just order one through the chinese spares site or am i better off going along to halfords or something?

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Humanbeing;

Thank you for that link, the manual it contained was a million times more detailed than the crappy one I just bought for the adrenaline!!

Spencer;

Its taken me about half an hour to figure out which way round it goes as there was so much muck and crap, previous owner really did a number on these wires! Ive managed to work out a few of the connections but some of the wires it looks like hes replaced with any old wires hes had laying about his garage! I'll persevere though might take me a while but i'll get there! Any recommendations on a new battery? Should i just order one through the chinese spares site or am i better off going along to halfords or something?
    Try www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk for your battery ... they are pretty good for parts.

Your battery should be around £30 ;)

6. #6 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 

7. #7 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Guru
    In addition to a wiring diagram a multimeter would be of use so you can match up both ends of a connector with the continuity function. As for a new battery I have just ordered one from eBay for £22, it seems to be made by a good name brand and it's twice the capacity of your standard battery so your bike will start easier and there will be less chance of it going flat. If you get it from Halfords it will cost almost double.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907072595...84.m1439.l2649
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

8. #8 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Noob
    Okay time for an update.

Bike works a bloody treat now! Took me about an hour to install the new wiring loom, the old one was a complete mess. Im pretty sure there must have been a short somewhere in the wires, the fuse was still good but just too many corroded wires and wires that went nowhere!

However that being said im still left with 2 wires that dont connect to anything, I think they might be for the side stand switch but upon further inspection it doesnt seem to have one on the bike?!

But that being said I took a deep breath, hit the ignition and jackpot...... started first time! Even the battery seems to be fine!

Replacing the wiring look might have been overkill but at least I know everything is connected and everything now works!

Spencer;

A multimeter is going to be my next purchase think it could prove invaluable when something goes wrong!

Humanbeing;

That link you gave me to the manual proved to be a Godsend!

Thanks to all for your help, any of you guys ever up in Edinburgh the beers are on me!

9. #9 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Guru
    Good to hear that you got it sorted. This is just a guess but the 2 left over wires could be ground wires that are supposed to be attached to the frame or engine, you may be able to figure it out when you get your multimeter

10. #10 Re: Pulse Adrenaline wiring loom 
    C-Moto Noob
    I thought that too but they are connectors that something is meant to plug into? Though ive just noticed that my rear indicators dont work?! Even though they are connected according the diagram and the bulbs arent blown as that was the first thing I checked?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast