Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: need help

1. #1 need help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Here is my problem.. I bought a DongFang DF250chb about 3 months ago and everything was running good and then the other day my battery went dead and would not hold a charge so I bought a new one thinking that the battery was the problem. I did everything i was told to do before putting the new battery in my bike. After charging the battery for like 4 and a half hours and letting the battery sit for an hour afterwards. I put it in my bike and rode around for an hour and the battery went dead again and will not hold a charge. Now my question is, whats causing the problem the stator or rectifier? Or could something else be causing the problem?

2. #2 Re: need help 
    sounds like your ignition might be fed by the battery power only.
    So you use the up the battery.
    Maybe try to charge the battery, then start the bike and afterwards disconnect the battery while the engine is running.
    If your generator is ok the bike should keep running. Then you have a problem with charger regulator.
    But i believe your bike will die immediately after disconnecting the battery. Let us know what is going on.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #3 Re: need help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Dont know why i did not think to try that. Thanks I'll give that a try

4. #4 Re: need help 
    C-Moto Noob
    well its not the stator bike runs after being jumped off and pulling the wires from the battery. I guess my next step is to call the company and see if they will replace the rectifier seeing its not even 90 days old