Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Hey Barry, I'm not sure about the tyres, the guy had just put a new set on but I'm not sure what they are. I'm gonna head out to my shed/mancave next week and get started on the bike. if I can pop the plastics back into place I'll be content with reinforcing the break with epoxy, if not then I'll replace it.

I was gonna go with a w15 fork oil but it sounds like that could be too thick. I think it'll be something I'll need to play about with....

cheers!

2. #12 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Good evening Gentlemen,

Having considered long and hard about hard luggage, i think Im going to go with my soft panniers and a top box. Can anyone help me out with sourcing a Jialing rack? The hard luggage people wont sell the rack without the boxes (which is silly as I may wish to upgrade in the future!) and I cant find any jialing shops in the pearl river delta.

I also need a new passenger footpeg, can anyone point me inthe right direction? Motokai has told me about his super convenient JL dealership in Shanghai but there doesn't seem to be anything like that here. In an ideal world I'd have a guy who has connections with the factory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. #13 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Also....

I loved the look of Pfaelzer's tool box that fitted low down at the front of the bike and would like to fit a pir of crash bars to my 2008 model. Has anyone got a likely shop in mind?

Thanks in advance!

4. #14 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Banned
    PM on the way.....
    This Taobao shop had a broad selection of JH600 parts in the past: http://chn-mcu.taobao.com and dealing with Shanghai JL JH600 Service Centre and CJ shop owned and operated by Xiao Fan: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hai-Shop-(Fan)
    Do let me know if you need Xiao Fan's direct contact details and shall PM them.

Surely there must be JL dealer / service centre in Guangdong province.....

5. #15 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    thanks to TB and Euphonius,

I may have located a shop in a small town called zengcheng near guangzhou but no idea if they can help with JH600 parts. will visit next week and check it out, GZ and SZ seem to have nothing...

I have had miserable luck with punctures in the past and would like to convert my wheels to take tubeless tyres. it seems possible to DIY the rims with sealant, does anyone have any experience with this or converting rims in general?

thanks!

6. #16 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    I just had a wander around GZ bike market and found a seriously pikey kit to convert spoked wheels to take tubeless tyres. It comes with a tube that fits tight down in the rim to cover the spoke heads, some weird glue stuff and a baggie of rubber shavings! I'd give it about a 15% chance of working as it was only 15 quai

7. #17 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by futianshenzhen View Post
    I just had a wander around GZ bike market and found a seriously pikey kit to convert spoked wheels to take tubeless tyres. It comes with a tube that fits tight down in the rim to cover the spoke heads, some weird glue stuff and a baggie of rubber shavings! I'd give it about a 15% chance of working as it was only 15 quai
    http://www.michelin.co.uk/motorcycle...lin-bib-mousse ,not sure they provide JL JH600 sizes......

8. #18 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I'd suggest you stay with tubes, unless you also change the wheels. I'm not sure you're going to have a positive seal along the edges of the stock rims (it is not just the spoke nipples to be concerned about).

Stay away from 99% of the tire sealants, foams, etc. They are not a good idea. A cousin back home has a chain of tire shops and he's shown me what happens to wheels and tires from that stuff - most shops now refuse to deal with tires/wheels that have that crap installed. It makes a mess of their workspace & machines.

There is one product, however, that gets two thumbs up from many adv riders. As I'm in negotiations for Asia's distributorship, I'm not going to shamelessly plug it (pun intended). But you can easily find lots of discussion about it on western forums. Or you can PM me. However, it ain't cheap.

9. #19 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Stay away from 99% of the tire sealants, foams, etc. They are not a good idea. A cousin back home has a chain of tire shops and he's shown me what happens to wheels and tires from that stuff - most shops now refuse to deal with tires/wheels that have that crap installed. It makes a mess of their workspace & machines.
    HD Shanghai + Beijing dealerships offering a tire sealant "service" now, bit pricey: http://www.hoghd.cn/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1

Slime Tire Sealant works great for me (car/bike) and washes off with water.... http://www.slime.com

10. #20 Re: brand new second hand JH600 
    Here's a pic of the tubeless kit I just bought

IMAG0837.jpg

Im gonna give it a go, will keep you posted.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast