Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greetings from Norway 
    Hi all, great place you've created here!

First let me admit: I'm your typical Guzzihead. I love Moto Guzzis and have several of them. But recently I have started looking at affordable options to take me into the forests as well as to work. QingQi 200DY seems like an option. I did even have alook at the Jialing 600 sidecar rig, but I'm not sure if it's at all possible to import it to Europe, let alone Norway. I'll try to make some enquiries on other threads here, so I'll just say "hi" for now :-)

Hans,

Welcome to MCM! About a year ago I spoke with a guy from the US National Forest Service who was interested in using the Suzuki Dr200 based bikes to make a customized fleet of fire-fighting bikes with water pumps and all.

The Guzzi's are great bikes with a lot of character. Although I've never ridden one, I know a couple people with Guzzi's and they are big fans.

Is the QingQi 200Gy Available on Norway now?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hi Carl

Yes, the QingQi has been available for a while through Trendimport, its mother company is Swedish I believe. At the beginning it was named TMS, but is now sold under the "mother" brand QingQi.

I do quite a bit of winter riding, for which I mainly use a Guzzi sidecar rig. I'd like to have a two wheeler as well. Do you believe the metal parts on a QingQi is up to the salty roads, and will the rest of the bike take the cold? What do you recon? I'd obviously treat the bike with some ACF 50 to prevent corrosion, like I do on my winter Guzzi, but in any case metal quality still plays a part regarding successful anti corrosion treatment.

Hans,

I think the frame metal and paint on the QingQi is similar to the Suzuki DR200 and likely better than any of the other Chinese produced bikes out there and currently available. Many of them are improving and in the future this may change.

You will get rust on certain items like the header and exhaust components but most of the body panels are colored plastics so there's no worries about paint. The fuel tank is painted but is easy enough to keep clean and waxed. The clear coating on the aluminum parts (engine and fork sliders) is also pretty tough so should not give you any problems. I don't recall having any problems with rusting screws except for maybe the four handle bar clamp screws which tend to collect water because of their orientation.

Otherwise, as long as the QingQi is kept clean, you shouldn't have many major problems.

Would you happen to have any pictures of your Guzzi side-car around?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HansP View Post
    First let me admit: I'm your typical Guzzihead. I love Moto Guzzis and have several of them.
    Welcome to the forum. I have to confess that I've always loved Moto Guzzis, starting with the wonderful Falcone, Le Mans, V7, etc but I've have a been a bit of a coward as regards reliability of Italian bikes in my most active motorcycling years, the 70's and 80's.
    I did get a sort of pastiche of a Guzzi in the shape of a Honda CX500, transverse V-twin, but that turned out to be a load of rubbish. As reliable as a politicians promise.
    Gradually I weaned myself off Guzzis as I don't much like the styling of the modern ones, so I thought that was that. Guess what, the bastards have now released a new V7 classic with modern technology but the styling from my days. A neighbour over here has one. The more I look at it the more I want one and I wish he would just go away...

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Would you happen to have any pictures of your Guzzi side-car around?

CC
    Oh yes, just check out my homepage www.mc-addict.com under the pictures thread. Not good looking - more ratbikeish - but it works and takes me everywhere. Went for a 250 km ride winter ride today too, enjoying every meter of it.

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have to confess that I've always loved Moto Guzzis, starting with the wonderful Falcone, Le Mans, V7, etc but I've have a been a bit of a coward as regards reliability of Italian bikes in my most active motorcycling years, the 70's and 80's.
    I did get a sort of pastiche of a Guzzi in the shape of a Honda CX500, transverse V-twin, but that turned out to be a load of rubbish. As reliable as a politicians promise.
    Gradually I weaned myself off Guzzis as I don't much like the styling of the modern ones, so I thought that was that. Guess what, the bastards have now released a new V7 classic with modern technology but the styling from my days. A neighbour over here has one. The more I look at it the more I want one and I wish he would just go away...

Then you should see the new V7 Classic Cafe Racer...

C-Moto Not-so-Noob john in leeds's Avatar
    A warm welcome from another Guzzi fan who also has a soon to be produced in China (if we can wait that long ) dual sport/off roader. See the Louija Highland Motorcycles thread in Dirt n Dual Sport

Thanks John, and thank for your kind words over at my homepage.

I was wondering what happened to the Swedish Highland - it's only proper that it's found over at MCM these days :-) I don't think the Swedes have any more bike producers left after selling out Husqvarna to the Italians (now with BMW), Husaberg to KTM and Highland to China. Now they only need to come up with a new company with a name starting with an H...

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HansP View Post
    Then you should see the new V7 Classic Cafe Racer...

Oh, NOOOOOO!!!. I can feel a twitch between my legs...and in my wallet

That is gorgeous.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast