Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hans P.

Welcome, I love Guzzis too. I always thought that v-twins should be mounted like that since I was a kid! Never could understand mounting them the other way (until liquid cooling became useful).

Salt on the roads in Sweden? Coming from the UK I know how damaging salt can be. As Crazy Carl said the bike will hold up much better than a regular 125. We have a regular Zongshen 125, and if we had salt on the roads in our area of China the bike would have lasted 3 years at best outdoors. So if you get one be careful to spray the underside of the bike as often as you can and get rid of that salt especially in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Salt on the roads in Sweden?
    Probably in Sweden too although I'm from Norway, so I know they do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Coming from the UK I know how damaging salt can be. As Crazy Carl said the bike will hold up much better than a regular 125. We have a regular Zongshen 125, and if we had salt on the roads in our area of China the bike would have lasted 3 years at best outdoors. So if you get one be careful to spray the underside of the bike as often as you can and get rid of that salt especially in the spring.
    Ok, I think I'll try to prep it thoroughly with ACF 50 and see how it holds up during a winter or two. They say e.g. Yamahas don't take winter salted roads very well - it's something with the alloy they use which doesn't withstand salt as good as some other brands. But I can't verify that by own experience.

Hans,

When you looking to get your bike?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Carl,
    I hope to have it in the garage within the end of January, so I'll have a couple of months to do the winter riding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12