Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Namaste

1. #1 Namaste 
    C-Moto Noob
    HI guys.
    This is Nik. I'm from India. I've moved to Shanghai now and would love to ride in China. From the looks of it, the country has some weird regulations regarding motorcycles. .However, I'm sure with the help of people on this forum I'd figure it out eventually and get myself a motorcycle.
    My riding experience has been on small capacity motorcycles in India but would love to eventually get my hands on more powerful ones.

My current rides back home are as follows
    1. KTM Duke 200
    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/first-im...ke-review.html

2. Yamaha R15
    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/first-im...15-v2-0-a.html

and

3. Yamaha Fz-S
    http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/2...maha-fz-s.aspx

Looking forward to your suggestions on bike similar to these available in China.
    Cheers and happy riding..

2. #2 Re: Namaste 
    Hello and welcome!

Of course you'll get suggestions, but since you're kind of an insider, you tell me first - is there an end for Balika vadhu?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

C-Moto Noob
    :D
    I have no idea.. I think it does but you never know with these soaps..

4. #4 Re: Namaste 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Nik,

Welcome to MCM and welcome to Shanghai. Lots of us riders here in the endless city (yes, not unlike your "maximum city" Bombay...), but we are a bit dispersed and don't get together as often as we should. I recently heard from another new member who is based in Guilin and will visit Shanghai at the end of the month to pick up a Jialing JH600, so I'm going to announce a (No-)Bike Night for the weekend of the 30th. Please note that TB-Racing has opened a very nice bike-friendly venue on the HuQingPing Highway, the HQP Roadhouse, and weekends often find an informal quorum of riders meeting there.

Lots of information in MCM itself about how to get yourself legal in Shanghai, and plenty of us can help with advice. I spend quite a bit of time in India (mainly in the south -- Madurai, Bangalore, Miraj, Pune, Coimbatore, Vizag, etc), and am starting to think of keeping a bike in Madurai, so maybe we can trade information!

I'm away this weekend, but will be back next week. PM me your contacts.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: Namaste 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Nik,

Welcome to MCM and welcome to Shanghai. Lots of us riders here in the endless city (yes, not unlike your "maximum city" Bombay...), but we are a bit dispersed and don't get together as often as we should. I recently heard from another new member who is based in Guilin and will visit Shanghai at the end of the month to pick up a Jialing JH600, so I'm going to announce a (No-)Bike Night for the weekend of the 30th. Please note that TB-Racing has opened a very nice bike-friendly venue on the HuQingPing Highway, the HQP Roadhouse, and weekends often find an informal quorum of riders meeting there.

Lots of information in MCM itself about how to get yourself legal in Shanghai, and plenty of us can help with advice. I spend quite a bit of time in India (mainly in the south -- Madurai, Bangalore, Miraj, Pune, Coimbatore, Vizag, etc), and am starting to think of keeping a bike in Madurai, so maybe we can trade information!

I'm away this weekend, but will be back next week. PM me your contacts.

cheers!
    I'm from Bangalore myself, I'd be able to help you out if possible. Pm sent.
    Cheers