Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: HELP

1. #1 HELP 
    C-Moto Noob
    Gday guys,

I just bought a new kinlon road trail and it has gotten to my place which I am now putting it all together. I have completed everything up until connecting the battery.... Seems like a pretty simple task right? Well There is a red battery lead which is thick and has a rubber cap which goes over the battery terminal (clearly this is the positive Battery lead), My issue is I cant see any other battery leads which have a rubber cap or anything that looks to be the Neegative battery lead. If anyone has a Kinlon Rt 200 (Purchased as that but it says GY-2 on bike) that could help it would be great!. Im assuming the green wire on the other side of the bike is the earth; However there is a black wire under the seat which has been nut screwed to the frame which I have no clue what it is...

2. #2 Re: HELP 
    C-Moto Guru
    The negative lead probably won't have a rubber cap as it does not matter if it makes contact with the frame. There will be several wires bolted to the engine and the frame which are ground wires, these should be left in place.

If you open the parts list at the link below and go to page 19 you will find a diagram of the wiring harness; it looks like there is a connector with 3 wires comming from it, 2 of which connect to the battery and I'm geussing that the 3rd connects to the frame.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/at...2&d=1265937785

As a last resort I guess you could remove one of the black wires from the frame which is closest to the battery, connect it to the negative terminal on the battery and see what happens.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.