Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    So now I'm busy saving for a new bike. Hoping to have the money together for the spring 2014 season. The three bikes that stir my interest are the Haojue/Suzuki GW250, CFMoto NK650 and the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS. Whist I know pretty well that the CF and Suzuki will be fairly reliable, however the Benelli has not really been reviewed, I'm hoping someone could do some review. Thanks.

2. #2 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Curious to know what the primary use for this new bike will be? Obviously we all have many uses (unless you have a track-only bike), so feel free to give a percentage breakdown of your needs (x% banging in the twisties, x% commuting, x% touring, etc.)

Have you had the chance to test ride any of the bikes mentioned?
    I'm sure you've seen this thread, right? Benelli Review

I was out in Moganshan this week and rode the Benelli for a bit. It's a fun little bike. Quite responsive, gets you thru the corners quite quickly. Also thru the gears rather fast, but it seemed to be working quite hard after 100kph. For my riding purposes it's not the bike for me as I wouldn't want to be riding it on the roads here in China for any long distances/duration.

Guessing for Shandong and Beijing it would be more fun as a weekend toy to take into the mountains, but in Shanghai it's 2 to 3 hours to get into Zhejiang where you can really have fun with it (and this is not the bike I want to be riding in Shanghai or on the G318 for hours to get in/out of town).

If you haven't been on a JH600 yet and will be in Shanghai sometime soon, you're welcome to take my JH600 out for a test ride. It's got plenty of torque and really is a great bike, scoring points across all riding conditions and roads. The JH600 is hands down the best "Moto GP bike" in China (um for GP I meant General Purpose ).

3. #3 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    The Rumors thread has very little other than rumors and baseless opinions.

The bike will be used for:

Mountain twisties 40%
    Getting to the mountains 40%
    Embarrassing car drivers and a track day or two if possible 20%

Not interested in the JH600, looking for a multi-cylinder street specific bike. Very young children means touring is not an option. I've never ridden the bike, but I have a fair idea of what it would be like to ride having ridden bikes similar. I'm really hoping that an owner might be able to give constant feed-back as Steve Halt is doing with his CFMoto. Any problems after how many kms, etc?

4. #4 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Plenty of reviews on Chinese forums and they seem to all boil down to:

1) Love it, great bike, everyone should buy one
    OR
    2) Hate it, too many problems, wanna buy it?

There was also a cover article in Motorcycling magazing (China) a few months ago. Sorry, forget which month.

People seem to attribute the "love it" or "hate it" disparity to luck of the draw. Some suggest that the factory's Quality Consistency Standards are not yet up to snuff, so you might get a good Wednesday bike, or you might get a shitty Friday bike. But, it also seems that some of the dealers are making required repairs.

5. #5 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Yamaha XJ in Italy cost less at € 5.590,00
    The BN600 is
    € 5.890,00

6. #6 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Plenty of reviews on Chinese forums and they seem to all boil down to:

1) Love it, great bike, everyone should buy one
    OR
    2) Hate it, too many problems, wanna buy it?

There was also a cover article in Motorcycling magazing (China) a few months ago. Sorry, forget which month.

People seem to attribute the "love it" or "hate it" disparity to luck of the draw. Some suggest that the factory's Quality Consistency Standards are not yet up to snuff, so you might get a good Wednesday bike, or you might get a shitty Friday bike. But, it also seems that some of the dealers are making required repairs.
    I'd heard rumors that the bike doesn't have a spotless reputation, but the Chinese can be very fickle and sometimes a bit silly, plus the 'wu mao'. One guy might be being paid by another manufacturer to the take the bike down a peg. Some may have not been run-in properly, other may be cheaping out on the oil or who knows what like gunning it cold. The only way I can get a feel for the reality of how the bike might be to live with are to read a long term review by clued in person writing in my native language.

7. #7 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Be the first to write a review.
    Notice how well you would be compensated.

8. #8 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Banned
    go and ask the Benelli owners during the next HD & Benelli riders training....
    http://hoghd.cn/viewthread.php?tid=11855&extra=page%3D1

9. #9 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing
    go and ask the Benelli owners during the next HD & Benelli riders training....
    http://hoghd.cn/viewthread.php?tid=11855&extra=page%3D1
    Reason for owning bike: To join motorcycle club and make connections. Average annual mileage: 4,000 kms. Previous similar motorcycles owned: none. Worth asking? No. OK maybe I'm being unfair but that's the average rider.

10. #10 Re: Someone, anyone please review the Qjiang /Benelli BJ600GS 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, sorry for my english, in Russia now also sold Benelli 600. Its name Stels 600 Benelli and moto magazine conducted a test: http://stelsmoto.ru/wp-content/uploa...00-benelli.pdf
    http://stelsmoto.ru/wp-content/uploa...-benelli-2.pdf
    This test score 4.6 points out of 5, very well. Not long I think I buy this bike :) but now we have snow in Moscow and can not drive, wait for spring :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast