Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Has anyone purchased the 2012 bubba250 yet? And if so have they worked out a lot of the problems that the 2010 was having? Thanks for responding in advance

2. #2 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    Welcome to here...I am not familiar with the Bubba, however.

3. #3 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    Ok, just googled it...bobber. Judging by the letter 'D' in its catalog name (ie MC-D250RTB) my guessis it is made by Dong Fang. I haven't kept up with the threads on both the Dong Fang bobber or the Cleveland Cycle Werks bobber for a long time, but my guess is that you will have much, much reading to catch up on, and will know your bike's good and bad points once you have read the thread.

4. #4 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Ok, just googled it...bobber. Judging by the letter 'D' in its catalog name (ie MC-D250RTB) my guessis it is made by Dong Fang. I haven't kept up with the threads on both the Dong Fang bobber or the Cleveland Cycle Werks bobber for a long time, but my guess is that you will have much, much reading to catch up on, and will know your bike's good and bad points once you have read the thread.
    Yes I am familyer with what it is. have read all of the informative great advice on here. Was just wondering if any one had purchased the 2012 model yet.

5. #5 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    This site tends to attract China bike owners from Europe and western ex-pats living in China. Most US members tended to have joined for both the CCW and Dong Fang threads. However, there is a Canadian-based forum called www.chinariders.net which has many US based riders. Several regulars are very knowledgable about all bikes, and if a bike is not known, oonce the owner posts photos, solutions are found. If you have not bought the bike, you might want to post an intro, there,too. Having a less geographically diverse membership would probably find you someone who is an owner of the Bubba. Good luck in your search

6. #6 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    I bet they get those of about 750.00 each or less, but lets say 750.

Then they sell them for 2k and CCW sold them for 3.2k, it seems that if you add up the numbers its way more profitable to sell them to everybody and their brother for less?

But what is also interesting is that they appeared in the market simultaneously.

It is a shame that CCW did not have the sense to fight back or maybe they are working the market from both angles? Both versions came across at the same time.

There really is nothing to the bikes they can be sold direct out of multiple warehouses. They are being offered on more then a few websites.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1C2...w=1024&bih=649

I have not heard of trouble with the bike other then seats breaking and gas tanks leaking.

7. #7 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    To me its like telemarketing and spam, the way they sell the bikes, basically the same type of people. I am pretty sure that quality goes down with increased sales not up in the way they operate. If they have to make more then they do that faster and they basically slap them together faster.

Nothing about the bikes is considered too complicated, the only fear would be of a weak weld or motor mount breaking off or a brake locking up or maybe bad bearing? They are cheaply made and claims of quality are fabricated much faster then the bikes are? Also a leaking gas tank over a hot engine is basically a time bomb and a cheap seat mount on a hard tail also dangerous.

But those that buy them expect that and I hope they police their bikes and are not overly complacent about them as the odometer adds miles.

The bullshit may sell bikes, but I think its the low prices that allow the buyers to overlook all the bullshit sales pitches.

Also I think the size of the threads are not legitimate, they are likely being driven up by people profiting on the exposure.

nothing is ever what it seems to be?

8. #8 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    ...Also I think the size of the threads are not legitimate, they are likely being driven up by people profiting on the exposure.
    Dear MJH,

I think your suspicions are misplaced. If you spend any time in the two epic bobber threads you'll quickly realize that the volume of posts reflects nothing more than genuine enthusiasm -- and the regular frustrations -- of buyers of the DF and CCW branded bikes. There's a repeating pattern: Someone who is thinking about buying a bobber joins MCM, starts posting about their excitement, then buys their bike, posts up pictures of their first modifications, and settles into the generally satisfying barroom banter. The very active founder of the DF 250 RTB thread, Barnone, sold his bike to buy a Kawasaki W650 (one of the last of Japan's great better-than-the-original copy bikes), pulled down his many pictures and left MCM altogether. But the forum lives on, and on, and on. Similarly, the member Gardo who launched the CCW Tha Heist thread almost never posts any more, but his early enthusiasm was key to establishing that thread as a lively resource for Heist owners.

I regularly skim through both threads, and have no doubt about their legitimacy. I wish we had more forums like this in MCM!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    I remember 'Gardo' buying his DF, and going through the hassle of having to return it and get a refund due to not being able to register it for the street in New Jersey. Then, he researched the Cleveland and bought it due to being able to use register it in NJ.

He did become a cheerleader due to his enthusiasm (I believe it was one of his first bikes) for his bike. I couldn't say that later, he did not get modifications for free, or sponsorship of some sort (ie grassroots marketing such as his trip to Daytona), but he did stop posting here and he has several youtube videos and his own blog.

People seem to make it here due to the many numerous posts bringing this site up from Google searches. I think that Carl (does he even post here anymore?) or a moderator should start a bobber-specific area due to the numerous posts regarding them.

10. #10 Re: Bubba 250cc 2012 model 
    LOL you think that the people propagating all this are not also strategically propagating on this forum?
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1C2...w=1024&bih=649

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast