Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1020282930313240 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey everybody. Follow our attempt to go from shanghai to munich on a X5 and X2. www.monkeykings.jimdo.com.
    There is also a small section where i describe what we imroved on the bikes for the trip.

2. #292 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have done now around 4k. So far no big problems. Did a 3 day trip into inner mongolia with a lot of gravel road and some off road, with steep hill climbs up along some power line trails. Bike is still going fine. The only complain:
    -The side stand is a little long, if you park the bike in some uneven terrain you are always worried it may tip over.
    -The dip beam of the headlamp is not working, the shop repaired it 2 times but it does not seem to last long.

3. #293 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelinchina View Post
    I have done now around 4k. So far no big problems. Did a 3 day trip into inner mongolia with a lot of gravel road and some off road, with steep hill climbs up along some power line trails. Bike is still going fine. The only complain:
    -The side stand is a little long, if you park the bike in some uneven terrain you are always worried it may tip over.
    -The dip beam of the headlamp is not working, the shop repaired it 2 times but it does not seem to last long.
    Go to a truck repair shop alongside the road...they will shorten the stand for 10 kuai or less

It seems all the moto light housings on china motos are crappy

4. #294 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi X5ers,

does anybody know if it is possible to install a centre stand to the X5 and where to buy it?

Also any recomendation for some off road tiers?

Cheers

Axel

5. #295 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Hi Alexinchina,

Good to hear that all seems to be going well so far with your X5.

What are you riding impressions both on road and off road ? Have you done any upgrades so far, or are you planning some ? Is your bike Fuel Injected or Carburettor ? Sorry for so many questions.

I have been thinking about buying an X5, it seems to be a good bike for my needs but I am still worried about Chinese quality.

For your light switch problem maybe you can fit the switch for a Japanese motor bike. If I buy one of these I was planning on changing all the Chinese electrics for Japanese just for the reliability.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

6. #296 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Symon, the bike has a carb. I have only installed some panniers and some handle bar protetors. I am thinking about getting some off road tyres to get better traction. Overall i am really happy with the bike. But i am not a real expert and never had a really good bike before. My previous bikes were a royal enfield 500cc and a shineray x2 so i guess i am easy to please.
    I comute regulary on the motorway, for that i would wish for a little more performance, it rides comfortable up to about 110 kmh, max is 130 kmh. Off road it is of course on the heavy side but overall i think it is a pretty good adventure bike and suits what i want to do. Go out, off the beaten path and explore the country side. Of course there are better bikes around, but for the money you pay you get a fair deal i think.

7. #297 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Axerinchina,

Thanks for your feedback, anyone that used to ride an Royal Enfield has good taste :-)

How does the X5 perform off road ? Does it have good traction when climbing ? How does the suspension feel off road ? I ask this as I would be using the X5 a lot off road.

Good idea to change the tyres, they are not expensive and you can get some real improvements. I was thinking about Kenda K270s, seem to have good tread of off road and should be ok on road too.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey everybody, we just completed the trip from shanghai to germany on a x5 and x2. For the x5 i can say that it performed very well. We had some minor issues but right now there are 27000 km on the clock and its still going. So in my opinion with the x5 you get more than you pay for. Of course its not a BMW but if you do some modifications it really gets you places. Onroad and offroad.

9. #299 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Whow 27K, thats fantastic, followed your blog regularly, envy you guys.

I have clocked up now 5K, regular commute to work mainly. Also no problems, starts fine in the cold

10. #300 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Regarding the question to the suspension:

The fork springs are comfortable for tar roads and gravel path, but a bit soft for real offroad riding.
    The rear is adjustable to fit your needs. For easy offroading it is suitable but too heavy for difficult sections.
    I had put some pictures in here where you might judge the terrain.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1020282930313240 ... LastLast