Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 919272829303139 ... LastLast
  1. #281 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    The lack of a breater on the petrol tank is a real classic, all the manufacturers knew about that before the 1st Word War ! And even better that the fatory hs probably received feedback on this issue and htey have done nothing about it. I suppose that they have fixxed the issue of rain water leaking into the tank :-)

I suppose that this is pretty normal for Chinese compnanies, make it wrong 1st time then make it wrong again 2nd time, etc. And never learn from their mistakes. With this attitude the rest of the world will never be conerned about Chinese industry.

I had a chat with Kyle Wang from Shineray at the recent Canton fair. His business card says that he is Vice General Manager. He had no idea of the issues that seem to plaque the X5, he just kept saying that Shineray bikes are the best quailty bikes with the best quality components. He invited me to the factory to test a X5 but then never replied to the 3 e mails I've sent him. Complete BS.

Symon
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

2. #282 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    the clutch is pretty good, there's no skip or anything right before you fully release it. however, was the old x5 just really loud? mine's shaking at around 60kph, maybe the odometer is not calibrated correctly and i'm going 80 or 90 ... any way to muffle the sound a bit?

3. #283 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    my X5 had a nice roaring sound out of the original exhausts. for my taate not too loud but loud enough to be heard.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #284 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    so i just filled up the tank (odometer says 200m now) and realized that i ran 130km on 9l, or 6.9l / 100km. i seem to remember shuben got 4.5l / 100km. seems like something is definitely wrong with my configuration here. what should i look into?

5. #285 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    that is definitely too much. when I let run the X5 on my work way 100km on the expressway with at least 90km/h and in top 120 to 125km/h I had a max consumption of 5.8 to 6L
    Maybe change to a suitable carburetor . I had never done that but think it is a good idea.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #286 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi just thought i add some more X5 experience. Got the bike 2 weeks ago and have done about 700 Km. The only problem i had until now is a very well sealed off tank, which leads to engine stop due to lac of fuel. Fhani had told me about this issue before, so i was kind of prepared for it. Went then back to beijing riders and they just cut a slot into the tank cap seal. It seems to have done the trick, now i only smell fuel when i stop somewhere.
    Also the electric starter in combination with the choke works fine, i was worried not to have a kick starter.
    Otherwise no complains, bike feels like a real motorbike compared to the X2 i have.

7. #287 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I guess its really hot these days in Beijing, do you have any problems with overheating? I guess long day riding in temperatures circa 35-40 degrees must be a bit of a stretch. I still cant believe that they decided to remove that oil cooler

8. #288 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    No overheating, the air cooling seems sufficient.

9. #289 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    I had a look at the new X5 without the oil coolers.
    Good news:
    If you want to install oil coolers everything is still in place.
    The oil pump and the pipe connecting points are still there and they pump the oil as before into the top end of the frame.
    Only the coolers are missing now in this circle. You just need some hoses and 1 or 2 suitable coolers. Even the fixing points have been still in place as well as the space in front of the gas tank.
    The old configuration can be setup easily. Maybe must adjust the piping a little or use longer hoses.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #290 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Some small issue i experienced on my X5 after about the first 1000km. Bike did not start, battery still had enough juice the light was still working. I followed the cable from the electric starter and found a plug connection that was loose. No other problems up to now.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 919272829303139 ... LastLast