Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
Woa, that is a serious safety issue... I'd be swaping the whole wheel to a mag wheel to be done with it.
BD - Agree completely. Have not yet seen this on my bike, but I can bet it will be an issue very soon given how I ride and the fact that I weigh more than a Pixie! Next step is to verify the size and get to work finding a wheel to replace it with.

Am actually surprised at myself here...I have ALWAYS had problems with spokes here in China and for my CJ's I just completely replace the wheels with Mags by default now - and I have built 7 so far. Solid mag wheel is the only way to go, but I have no idea if they even MAKE one that would fit the front wheel, or if it would be necessary. Since most of the weight / impact pressure on these bikes in in the rear, my guess is that it would NOT be as much of an issue.

Shuben - If you can help me confirm the rear wheel specs, I can hit some shops here in the US while I'm traveling here and maybe find a replacement option. Will also be checking with some mech's about the sticky clutch issue to see what they would recommend. If interested, I might be able to order up and send over 2x once confirmed.