Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1525333435363745 ... LastLast
  1. #341 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    [QUOTE

Sorry guys, no idea why some of these photos are uploading sideways will try to fix later.

/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, we get the drift!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #342 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Hi Carl

With the problems you had with the dealer not wanting to look at your bike is very common in China , so IMO its always best to try and buy local even if the cost is a little bit more then what you have seen on "Taobao" and most dealer will match or get very close to the best price you have seen elsewhere.

Yes it all wrong and what the fuck is up with these guys but China is a Logic free Zone and very much tries ones patience's

Now I read you must be thinking off riding over "White Horse Pass" (4300 M), but what I can tell you on my Yamaha YBR 250cc running a bit rich at 1500 M was ok at 2000 M could fill some power loss at 2500M starting to fart and pop at 3000M very much could fill the lack of power and did hit 3200 M and was glad to descend so on the X5 at 4300 M on a Carb ?? you could have problems without changing the jets.

Picture source R.A.

white 2.jpg

white.jpg

Click on picture to enlarge
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #343 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    wish you luck with the new bike and you live in a dream area off China for riding IMO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #344 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Quote Originally Posted by JameyPiper View Post
    Has anyone put together a good tool list/kit for the X5 yet?
    must say the toolkit supplied with the bike is one of the best I have seen

5. #345 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Carl

With the problems you had with the dealer not wanting to look at your bike is very common in China , so IMO its always best to try and buy local even if the cost is a little bit more then what you have seen on "Taobao" and most dealer will match or get very close to the best price you have seen elsewhere.

Yes it all wrong and what the fuck is up with these guys but China is a Logic free Zone and very much tries ones patience's

Now I read you must be thinking off riding over "White Horse Pass" (4300 M), but what I can tell you on my Yamaha YBR 250cc running a bit rich at 1500 M was ok at 2000 M could fill some power loss at 2500M starting to fart and pop at 3000M very much could fill the lack of power and did hit 3200 M and was glad to descend so on the X5 at 4300 M on a Carb ?? you could have problems without changing the jets.

Picture source R.A.

white 2.jpg

white.jpg

Click on picture to enlarge

You're saying exactly what i'm thinking Prince. Gonna have do some taobao searching to try and find some alternative jets. If anyone has links or suggestions i'd be happy to hear them It's the kunlun pass we're heading for on our way to Xinjiang. I think that pass gets pretty close to 5000m so i'm really worried about the effect it'll have on the bike and how it'll slow the group down as the rest of the guys are all on injected bikes. We'll be spending quite a bit of time at 4000+m riding across the plateau so it's a bit of a concern. Didn't the first generation of the X5 come with EFI??

Will post another update on the X5 soon.

6. #346 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Hi

ShuBen (post 339) is pointing you in the right direction.

Buy yourself a new O.E. carb, take it apart see what jets are fitted go and buy some smaller one as you will be running very rich.

Do a search on Google for advice on what size jests smaller is needed for 3000m/4000/5000 pick a size you think will do.

Change the new carb over with the smaller jets. open up the air filter box to get more air flow in.

Spend a day just taking the carb of and on your bike you should get it down to 10 mins.

When the bike starts to lose power stop and put the new carb on need to adjust the AF mixture as well.

Run it hard hit the kill switch take out the plug check the plug to see if still running rich or lean.

Reading Plugs

Plug Color: Ideal plug color is a chocolate brown. A rich plug will be a darkish brown or black.
    May be oily and sooty. A lean plug can be a light brown, or gray (some severe cases can be white). Plug color must be checked after a plug check has been run.
    To perform plug check run engine at specific RPM that reading is desired for at least 5 seconds, then turn off engine without letting RPM’s fall.
    This test is very difficult to perform at any RPM other than wide-open throttle
    Have a few size of Jets + and - sizes, then you can that night when you stop change the jets in the carb you taken off to try again.

Well that's the best I can think of because you will have issues at 4000 M + or if all this don't work then sell the fucking bike and buy a EFI one. ( just joking)

Good luck.
    Last edited by prince666; 06-22-2016 at 03:32 PM.

7. #347 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    The carburetor consists of four components:

Pilot Jet - this controls the amount of fuel when idling
    Main Jet - this controls the fuel when you open up the throttle (between 50 and 100 percent power)
    Jet Needle - this controls the fuel when you open and close the throttle (between 20 and 80 percent power)
    Needle Jet - this is what the jet needle pops in and out of (between 15 to 60 percent of throttle
    As you can see the carburetor consists of several parts that work, sometimes in unison, to influence the mixture of fuel and air.

Jetting Your Dirt Bike
    This is where it gets easy but tricky at the same time. If you're running rich, for example, you'll need to check the main jet, jet needle and needle jet. However, you only need to tinker with the main jet and if that solves the problem you found the easy solution. If it doesn't solve the problem, then you?ll need to check the jet needle and then the needle jet.

Don't mess with all three jets at once. Change the main jet first and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, you'll need to reestablish the main jet to its original position and then move on to the jet needle and so on.

I've made several trips that involved days spent over 4000 meters, bikes ran like shit, but made it through. If you're constantly making trips up into the mountains, you should sort this out as soon as possible. One of the big problems you're going to run into is the fact that most Chinese carbs don't have numbered jets in them and it's really hard to get an assortment of jets for some carbs.

8. #348 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hows the bike now?

Im seriously thinking of getting one of them. Im bikeless at the moment and the feeling sucks.
    I talked to my Chinese friends to do some research on forums and he said that apparently the new version is better than before and worth buying....
    There is a shop in my city that can get every bike (domestic or imported) as long as its on the market legally. Ive found on internet that a Honda CRF250L is sold legally somewhere in Shangdong for RMB40000. Apparently there is a dealer there and stuff. Its somewhat hard to believe but when Ive asked the Laoban of the shop in my city he said he can get that honda here legally for me. Time will tell. If I can get CRF250L then its a no brainier, if not Ill prolly get X5

Did you have any quality issues except the oring? How low is the seat now?

9. #349 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Would be very intrested to find out more details about the Honda CRF 250L for sale in Shandong for 40k legal.

I have been a owner of 1 of these for the last 2 years with over 45.000km clocked
    Bike is plated and left in North Thailand ,just about to fly down for the winter and more great riding on the Honda.

Love the bike good off road and good on tarmac.
    Just to let you know the price in Thailand for this bike is about 23.000 Rmb on the road tax paid ?
    If you find out the company I can go and check them out and report back?

crfgivi3.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 10-04-2016 at 07:51 AM.

10. #350 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Just to let you know the price in Thailand for this bike is about 23.000 Rmb on the road tax paid ?

some people take pleasure in others misery...

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1525333435363745 ... LastLast