Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22324041424344 ... LastLast
  1. #411 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    So you are saying money is not the issue?
    Then ship a good set in from the UK.

Hi Modron
    Let's look at what is fitted to the Honda CRF 250L.

Make IRC.
    Size. Front 3.00-21 51P
    Rear 120/80-18 62.

Now guys in Thailand who are looking for better grip off road fit
    Dunlop D606
    I have covered over 43.000km on the IRC tyres and I like them very much not great off road and when I mean off road far worst then what you will need in China.
    And I find them very good on the tarmac.

Yes, the back is smaller than what is fitted to the X5 but look at the kw of the X5 and the KG compared to the CRF.
    Well I hope this helps

All the best.

Shipping from Thailand not going to be too bad
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #412 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Well if I have to may 200% of the original price it might be an issue but even if I wanted to, its illegal to ship tyres internationally....apparently. Most shops wont ship tyres. Id have to ask friends or family and even then I dont have a guarantee they will reach me. too much hassle if you ask me ;)

There is a set of Weerubber tyres in taobao for about RMB850. They are not ideal but I might end up buying those
    Last edited by modron; 01-08-2017 at 03:12 PM.

3. #413 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Well if I have to may 200% of the original price it might be an issue but even if I wanted its illegal to ship tyres internationally....apparently. Most shops wont ship tyres. Id have to ask friends or family and even then I dont have a guarantee they will reach me. too much hassle if you ask me ;)

There is a set of Weerubber tyres in taobao for about RMB850. They are not ideal but I might end up buying those

It's called Vee-rubber made in Thailand.
    A lot of the bike rental shop who rent out CRF use them but I am told not great in the wet?
    But I still think there are better than the set you posted.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #414 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    ShuBen

I was quite satisfied with the Kenda tires. Just the wet grip is performing bit lower.
    I used it for 10k km All terrain travel.
    Only thick mud is closing the profile completely, but for that condition u need knobbis anyway
    I had a set fitted to my Yamaha YBR been happy with them. (set of Knobbis)

5. #415 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Them Kendas are ok on the road but slide a lot off-road in wet and I live in a very wet area.
    Here are the Veerubbers, https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...u=t2dmg8j26111
    the size is not ideal but I hope it will do

6. #416 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I installed that 42teeth rear sprocket and it feels great. I believe that bike should come with 42t sprocket stock. It feels miles better than the 40t, very natural. Its still not good for off-road use but its rather perfect compromise, or at least it feels this way for me. Maybe I just couldnt get used to tall gearing but now I never get that engine struggle moment which would happen quite often with the 40t sprocket.
    I will be installing 44t but I will wait a little to get a new chain.

The 42teeth sprocket from taobao is a tad imperfect. The inner diameter (that hole in the middle) is 130mm while the stock is 126mm so there is 2mm gap after installing. The bolt holes are in the right places. 44teeth sprocket can be found with 126mm inner diameter.

also, I have a question of a different nature

Is it ok to run a tubeless tyre with a inner tube inside? I have a chance to get some good tyres but they are tubeless and the rear is 140/80-18 (stock is 130/80-18)
    I did google and it would seem that riders say one can run tubes in tubeless while professionals (revzilla. bike magazines) say do not do it.....

The size difference should be ok me thinks

7. #417 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    yes, you can run tubes in tubeless tires. Normally you do that in emergency cases only.
    e.g. when your tubeless wheel hit a pot hole that deforms your rim so badly that you cant keep pressure on a tubeless tire.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #418 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    also, I have a question of a different nature

Is it ok to run a tubeless tyre with a inner tube inside? I have a chance to get some good tyres but they are tubeless and the rear is 140/80-18 (stock is 130/80-18)
    I did google and it would seem that riders say one can run tubes in tubeless while professionals (revzilla. bike magazines) say do not do it.....

The size difference should be ok me thinks
    I can only speculate what could be the problem to run a tube in a tubeless tire! Maybe it's the same one as running car oil in a bike engine?!

Anyway, if it's a problem, I wonder how supermoto guys get tubed road tires and slicks, or how they manage to isolate their spokes to run tubeless? Hint: they just don't!

P.S. I've ridden a road supermoto for some years now, and I've always ran tubeless tires with tubes. I just "sprinkle" the inside of the tire and the tube with talcum powder to prevent them sticking to each other.

9. #419 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks lads for a quick answer.

Shuben, I was thinking of running tubs in tubeless permanently as the choice of tires is so limited. Krasi does it and nothing happens so should be fine :)

I can get Shinko E804 front and Pirelli scorpion rally rear but they are both tubeless I just have to make sure I can fit that extra 10mm

It should work without problems. I would only consider potential wheel balancing problems on high speeding bikes.

On specific suitable rims for tubeless tired I prefer stay tubeless as a puncture repair is fast and easy.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22324041424344 ... LastLast