Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61624252627283646 ... LastLast
  1. #251 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    this is an awesome award!!!!

2. #252 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Guru
    These are the grips I've installed on my Jialing JH600. My first thoughts about them are "why the hell didn't I install these 2 years ago already!"

My heated grips are just as thick as the original JH600 grips, Shuben's are a bit thicker.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

3. #253 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    These are the grips I've installed on my Jialing JH600. My first thoughts about them are "why the hell didn't I install these 2 years ago already!"

My heated grips are just as thick as the original JH600 grips, Shuben's are a bit thicker.
    I just bought the same ones but didnt install them yet. here in Zhejiang it doesnt get as cold as up north so I still have some time. Although, last week I had a wee 4day trip to Wuyuan and I must admit that those mornings up to 9am were really freezing but mostly my knees though

p.s. Barry, how is your X2? any problems with it?

4. #254 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    p.s. Barry, how is your X2? any problems with it?
    I switched the CDI box (50 kuai), was having some serious misfiring issues before when the engine would get hot. That issue seems resolved now.

To get back on topic regarding the heated grips, I've also installed the same heated grips as ShuBen on my X2 now. I must say that overall they are better than the ones I've installed on my JH600. First of all, on setting 1 they get as hot perhaps even hotter as the grips on my JH600 on the highest setting. Second, they're thicker which means the surface of the grip that touches your fingers/handpalm is bigger. Third, they seem to keep their warmth better. For example, when turing off the bike/grips they seem to stay warm quite a bit longer than the grips on my JH600.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

5. #255 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi X5 dudes, Question, what is the ideal rmp for the first 1000klm? ive been driving the X5 under 4000rmp, though have been pushing a bit up to 5000rmp in the last trip. So far have travel 750klm.

In addition after the 750klm, the valves are fairly noisy, should I check the valve clearance?

6. #256 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    the leaking story I know:

Check all the hose connections of the oil cooler system and re tighten them. It is most probably coming from there and pollute your engine. I had this problem too. It seems in the assembly they don't fix it well or these hoses are cheap stuff.
    For it just came up 2 week ago after 9000 km and was solved in a minute. Its only annoying that everything is oily.

Let us know if this could fix you trouble.

... and check all bolts and nuts and buy some screw glue

The oil leak location was traced to a loose hose clamp at the oil cooler and a stripped bolt at the cylinder head at the start of the oil pipes. Shineray will be replacing the cylinder head. Seriously, if these guys assemble their bikes better, they would save themselves some money.

7. #257 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    i advise to check the clamps for oil lines regular. It seems the hose material is adopting to the clamp pressure and needs re tightening.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #258 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    i advise to check the clamps for oil lines regular. It seems the hose material is adopting to the clamp pressure and needs re tightening.
    Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of swapping out the hose with another.
    If you know of a specification or type of material that is more appropriate, that will be great.

9. #259 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    for the hoses you can use each oil resistant hose with correct inner diameter. (check in car garages)

10,000km .... with regular maintenance without a serious problem that caused truck transport or instant repair.

10k clock.jpg10k front pic.jpg10k front right pic.jpg
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #260 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi,
    a quick update from my side.
    I have now 2000 km on the clock - did a 3 day - 1000 km ride to huangshan which was great and very smooth.

This weekend we went to Suzhou to play a little bit at the tankgrounds... on the way back to the city my clutch cable yanked off at the lever... So I pushed the bike to next scooter shop which was luckily just around the corner.
    This guys of course didnt have the right part but they fixed it temporarily so I could drive to a small motorbike and car garage which one of the guys recommended.

The guys from Neomax where a great help. First they try to fit a clutch cable from a bike they had standing around - that one was too long so the found a guy who knows a guy .... and after 2 hrs we where good to go.
    while they where repairing the clutch cable I saw that the left oilcooler was somehow wet. seems it is leaking a little bit. -so i gotta go to the dealer in Shanghai to have a look and fix it.

Since I have the bike I always have trouble with the choke.
    I open the choke completely to start up and after a while I close it completely. the engine runs good, but every time I stop at a traffic light the idle speed is too less and the engine turns off.
    Its quite annoying so I play with the choke to have a proper idle speed when stopping - but I dont think it is supposed to be like that.
    I also tried to adjust the screw on the curborator but it has no effect. I dont want to screw around too much here as I dont have any experience.

Fuel consumption:
    on the ride to huangshan which was long driving and almost no stop and go, the bike used 11 litre for 250 km - which should result in 350 km for a full tank (22km per litre)
    but this weekend I used 11 litre for 170 km (15km per litre) - It was a lot stop and go but I still think that is too much.

can it be the choke issue - the cold weather? any idea?

Oh..and when we arrived in Shanghai I saw another guy with an X5 on the other side of the road - he had a nice motorguard installed on his bike. wraps around a little bit and comes in orange color - anybody seen that?

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61624252627283646 ... LastLast