Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 717252627282937 ... LastLast
  1. #261 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    15km/litre is definitely something amiss for a 400cc study the choke operation perhaps you have it half on ?

2. #262 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Any new updates?

3. #263 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    My average consumption on the X5 was about 5.5 L/100km or ~19km/l
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #264 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Shuben, I found an excellent way to gain fuel consumption (MPG in my language)....loose weight mate!! Good to see you are still out and about, my Bandit 1200 is still in the shed. Hope that I will be on it soon as my back is getting better. Safe riding.

5. #265 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Hi mate,

no chance for me to get down the weight figure. My lady simply cooking too well and i dont want disappoint her by leaving stuff on the plate.
    So did the other way around...... keep the weight and increase bike power instead. :-)

Send me a PM and let me know whats going on at you side. Or skype me.

Greetings to UK and F. hope to see u in CN soon again.
    Shuben
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #266 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    There is an updated model of the X5 - I havent seen it in person yet but I saw a picture. - there are some design modifications
    The tank is apparently made of metal now and has a fancy world sticker on it.
    I would like to know what other modifications they made - would be good to know which are the weak points on my X5 and add some updated parts.

Anyone has an idea?

7. #267 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    ok guys, there are those of us still contemplating a purchase. I read all of the travails thus far and still leaning hard for a X5 purchase. ShuBen seems to have the longest running "relationship" with the bike. Still an X5 "Believer" notwithstanding all of the repair opportunities documented this past year? So far all I have read hasn't run me off yet. I worked on bikes like this since my first Honda SL70 in 1970 and subsequent bikes to my Honda SL350 in 1976 and subsequent bikes since then. What is the going price out the door excluding plate these days? Any new color combinations in? I think I saw in past posts that Qili carries the X5? any other Beijing dealers?

what say you X5 owners?

8. #268 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    The last new X5 I have seen few days ago had still the same color scheme and only small mods compared to my one.
    Never saw a new design, but I knew from the Shineray guy that they were working on an update with e.g. metal fuel tank.
    Just last days I had contact to the new owner of my former X5. Seems he had no new issues with the bike.
    Last price I know is on 29k RMB incl. sales tax but without plating.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #269 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    hey guys! i've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks (real life neighbors with fahni until recently! and we've done several rides with other forum members). just bought the new version of the x5, the one with the world map and the metal tank. super shocking is literally within the first 15km, while i was accelerating quite aggressively out of a stoplight (roughly 5-6k rpm), the engine died and wouldn't start again until i opened the choke all the way. but then the idle rpm was quite high, around 3k, so i closed it and from then on, the engine kept sputtering and refusing to start (same as if it was a very cold winter day ... tried for several min, no change).

i bought the bike from datone over on the east 5th--i'll call them in the morning and see what they say about sending over a mechanic. anyways, will send more pics and give a longer update once i've had the bike for more than 24 hours :-D.

ps i realize this is controversial, but your thoughts on the break-in process? go with the manufacturer suggestion of nothing over 6k rpm or be a bit more aggressive and push the bike in each gear? also, oil change right away and then every how many km?

pps i'll be riding this x5 (thanks to shuben for all his in-depth reviews) from beijing to berlin in mid june, so any tips on mods and must-have gear would be appreciated--i'm thinking iradium spark plug / the did chain / usb charger / alum panniers

thanks guys! --jerry

10. #270 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Jerry, gidday welcome to the looney house...

Break in is/can be a controversial topic. Best advice, go with the MFG recommendation always, since during the warranty if the MFG or their agent can determine abuse or that the break in has not be followed, the MFG is within their right to refuse a warranty claim. Simple stuff.
    When I read that you had been "accelerating quite aggressively out of a stoplight (roughly 5-6k rpm)" I immediately thought that, that was not the wisest move given these MC's are from TIC MFG.

Looking forward to seeing the photos, and keeping abreast of your updates.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 717252627282937 ... LastLast